Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Promise of Spring

When I was out taking pictures of all the snow fun the neighbor grandchildren were having, I happened to spy these jonquils peeping up through the snow. I just had to snap their pictures to remind me that Spring is on the way. This past weekend we had snow and cold temperatures, yesterday we had temps start out the day (midnight)in the 50's and gradually go down, down, down. It has been breezy and quite cold today...at least I have felt cold most of the day. BUT...good news...the weathermen are predicting the weekend to be in the 60's...sounds nice and balmy! I had a normal Wednesday school schedule. The big news of the day was that Joseph graduated to coming upstairs for his school time. He didn't want to stop at the end of his usual 15 min. time...he asked for "one more." So I "had" to let him do one more activity! I have started each of the children's preschool at the kitchen table. I felt like Joseph had had enough lessons with the school equipment that he could start working upstairs. He seemed to like working in the school room. Abigail started another zippered bag during her long sewing time. Joseph stayed over at our house for a long time after school this morning and played with Goosey (Woody). After he decided that it was time to go home, Woody headed off to do our Krogering. I put some of the groceries away after school was over, ate a quick bite of lunch (soup as I was cold!), and then headed off to the church library to work for a couple of hours. Donna and I got quite a bit done and didn't run into too many library mysteries to solve. After leaving the library, I headed off to run an errand. Woody walked four miles while I was at the library. When I got home I found him making Cran-apple crisp. We had that this evening with frozen yogurt...pretty yummy. He brought me up a bowl and wished me a "happy anniversary." I had reminded him earlier that today is the anniversary of the day that he asked me to marry him...let's see...48 years ago...oh, my that seems like a very long time when one stops to really think about that number of years!!!! He asked me to marry him when he came to visit me at Cottey College...the main problem is that we disagree on the time that he asked me...oh, well, I guess all that is important is that we remember that he asked me...and that I said "yes," and that we carried through on getting married, and, that we are still together all these later!

No comments:

Post a Comment