Saturday, January 2, 2016

Final Stretch

The holidays are about to come to a close. Today has been another day where I pretty much stayed in wind-down mode...doing as little as possible...just taking it easy and enjoying the last of what I'll call "lull moments." We will be back in school on Monday and then Tuesday we will be heading to Vanderbilt...so life's pace will start picking up. I do so enjoy these lull moments after the hustle and bustle of Christmas preparations. Today the sun was shining on our tree so I sat with a cup of tea and just enjoyed looking at it. Tonight's photo is the section of the tree that I concentrated on...just looking at all the wonderful ornaments and thinking about memories that have to do with each of them...maybe I'll have time to look at another section tomorrow! I'll bet that a blog follower or two might recognize an ornament or more in this picture that they have given me over the years...I can spot several. Woody went to Walmart and the library this morning...a bit of routine for Woody. Several of the children have popped in and out today. My main accomplishment for the day was to get the Sunday School lesson ready for tomorrow. We have both read. We have both worked puzzles (me-sudoko and Woody-crosswords). Woody has watched basketball on TV. Not a lot going on in the Dorrell household. I have really enjoyed the past week of not having to do any certain thing at any certain time. But alas..."'Tis the Season" is in its final stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment