Thursday, January 14, 2016

Busy Thursday

I woke up to the smell of freshly baked muffins...pumpkin muffins...good start to the day! School got underway much the way as always...the little guys first and then the older ones filter in to read and/or sew. Today Abigail read her outloud time at home and wanted to sew during her half-hour reading time. So she got another step done on her zippered pouch. Then Joy came for her long time and she got underway for her tablet cover. We did a lot of cutting today. After lunch Graham came over and he also wanted plan a sewing project instead of reading out loud. He wants to add a pocket to the outside of a carrier pouch for his notebook computer. We looked through scraps to see if I had what was needed. And, did a little planning. Then Graham went back home to do more of his school work. I sat down and thought through how we might accomplish this sewing scheme that he had come up with! Abigail came back over after she finished school and did the last couple of steps on her sewing project. So she has completed her first zippered pouch. Now she plans to make more of them for gifts. She wants to be able to make them on her own...hope that she can! Woody walked eight miles this afternoon. I baked a ham this afternoon. We will enjoy several meals from it and then turn the bone and rest of the meat into soup. I am now ready to put my feet up and hopefully read...but the way I feel at the moment I have a feeling that my eyes might close not too many paragraphs into the book! Woody is reading and watching TV. That about sums up what has seemed to me to be an extra busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment