Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday Doings

Thought that this zebra needed to look in on all of you, my blog readers! I don't know why...but decided that I wanted to look at my pictures from our last visit to the St. Louis Zoo and share one that caught my fancy for tonight's blog photo. This fella caught my attention! This has been an interesting day for me. I decided that I wanted to do a couple of things in my sewing room that needed "attention." I had a little "mending" to do (part of the binding on the bottom of a towel in our guest room bathroom had started to come off...a quick fix...but getting around to it has taken me a while. But today I finally "got to it" and it is now out of my sewing room and back on its rack in the bathroom. Then the other item that needed attention was an ornament. On the main tree in the living room I have a picture frame ornament of some sort with a baby picture of each of the grandchildren...that is each had one except for Joseph...poor little fellow...almost two years old and still didn't have his baby picture hanging on the tree. I had decided on the ornament that I wanted to make last year, but never "got around to it." So today I "got around to it" and finished it...just moments ago.
Abigail spent most of the afternoon over here going "gung ho" on making zippered pouches. She made two. The second one she pretty much did on her own. She is planning to make many for gifts. We will have to purchase more zippers before she can make many more. She is going through the zippers I have on hand pretty quickly! Woody did his usual Saturday morning errands which included WalMart, Kroger, and the library. Later in the afternoon he went on a four-mile walk. He has read, done puzzles, and watched football on TV. Right now he is next door taking care of the neighbor grandchildren. Their parents have gone to see the movie, "War Room." A local church is showing it this evening and they had been wanting to see it...so two date nights this week! Well, I'm going to go hang Joseph's ornament on the tree so it can count in this year's new ornaments! No undecorating today...too busy doing other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment