Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Sign for Bonaroo?

Bonaroo (a music festival like Woodstock of old)is about to begin...I guess tonight is the start of folk rolling in for it. This takes place in Manchester, TN...the county seat of Coffee County (our county)...about 11 miles down the road from us...we go through Manchester to get to I-24 unless we take the back road. Today we went through Manchester on our way to Vanderbilt but came home by the back road. We want to avoid the traffic that will arise in that little town over the next four days. I'm not sure what we will do in the morning. The TN Dept. of Transportation (TDOT) make up little sayings to remind folk to be careful when driving...I think that the "Peace, Love, Seatbelts" message is geared toward the folks who will be attending Bonaroo. This festival is a really big thing and increases the population of Manchester a LOT during this long weekend. These trips to Nashville daily could get a bit tiring. I'll be glad when we are home tomorrow and don't have to think about going again until the day of surgery. Today we left the house a little before 5am and were back home before lunch...other than Vanderbilt our only stop (well, other than red lights & stop signs) was to get gas when we got back to Tullahoma...so we would have gas for tomorrow's trip! Tomorrow we go to a different place for his pre op visit. When Woody gets back home from taking care of the neighbor grandchildren, we will look at a couple of maps that I have printed out and/or saved on my iPad and see which way he "path" he wants to take. Today has sort of been a "go till I drop" kind of day. After we got back from his MRI appointment, we ate lunch. Then not long after that it was time for me to head to church to work in the library. After we worked for a while, I headed off to do our Wednesday Krogering, and on the way home I stopped at the library to return a book. Several sweet neighbor grandchildren helped me bring in the groceries. I got them put away. We ate food that were already prepared for supper tonight (in other words...scrounged). Woody wasn't very hungry as he has been drinking a lot of liquids since getting home to help wash away the dyes, etc. that they put in him today for his MRI. He is supposed to drink a lot both today and tomorrow. The MRI went fine...just took a long time...close to an hour in that tube. The tech told Woody that it would take 2 1/2 days to scan his whole body! I'm glad that they only had to do a section of his leg today! We will be up and out fairly early tomorrow morning (not quite as early as today)...the main problem tomorrow is that it will be hard to avoid the rush hour traffic with the time of his appointment (9:05am)...they consider Nashville's rush hour 7-9am...but we certainly saw our share of a LOT of traffic and slow downs even though we had such an early start. After I ate supper, I came upstairs and collapsed in "my chair" and dozed a little. This day has about done me in! And, I still need to go down and work on the kitchen...unloading dishes, loading dishes, and washing what doesn't go in the sink. I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...........

No comments:

Post a Comment