Thursday, June 2, 2016

First June Thursday

Tonight's photo is one of the buildings that we pass on the street that leads us to Vanderbilt. I like the peeling paint on the bricks. Today has been a cooking day for me. I made vegetable broth in the morning and then this afternoon I made Spanish Stewed Chicken Thighs. The preparation took forever, or so it seemed, for that dish...partly because I had to skin and debone the thighs...not an easy task for me. I guess it was worth the effort. It was pretty tasty. Soon after we ate, I headed next door to take care of the kids while their parents "stepped out" for a while. Some of us read stories, watched Curious George and Bob the Builder. The girls and Isaac painted sea shells out on their screened in back porch. Woody stayed over here tonight and from the looks of things he managed to wash a few dishes for me while I was gone. As soon as I hit the publish button, I am going to go finish the clean up after my day of cooking. Woody did get a call from Dr. Holt's office asking that we be sure to bring the x-rays and also to come a little early to fill out paper work on Monday. The x-rays are in the bag that I will take that day so hopefully that will make sure that we don't forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment