Friday, June 10, 2016

Good Season, Marlins!

The season has ended for our Marlins. As their coach said, for a team that had mostly first year players they had done great--18 wins and 5 losses. It was a VERY good season. Woody especially enjoyed going to the games...brought back memories of him being a coach and also gave him something to do while he can't do much due to his leg. The season started shortly after he had knee surgery and ended with him about to undergo repair of his broken tibia! Not a good season for Woody's leg! We have had a stay-at-home day except for going to the game this evening. I started out the day cutting some of our fresh herbs and dehydrating them in Nathan and Kathy's dehydrater...so we have fresh dried oregano, sweet basil, and marjorum. While the machine dehydrated, I got busy and made the chicken dish that I had been planning to make when ever there was time this week...finally had the time and enough energy to get it made...chicken lyonaise. I made it this morning and then we had it for supper...that way I wasn't under a time crunch to get it made and eaten before we needed to head out to Elijah's game. It took me about the rest of the afternoon to get the kitchen cleaned up. I had to take a couple of rests before I got that job finished. We are now settled in for the evening...I hope...recliners and books...and perhaps some TV. And, I'll end tonight with a high five for Elijah. He did an awesome job for his Marlins...a great first year of Little League!

No comments:

Post a Comment