Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Keeping On Keeping On

We were rudely awakened at 4am by the phone...when I answered they hung up. So our day started out very early...makes for a long day. We have both taken a nap or two during the day. Woody made his way upstairs fairly early and got our grocery list ready. He has a system of checking Kroger's sales, etc. and then putting items on our list to buy. I headed off to Kroger fairly early...which is good on "Senior Adult Discount" Day at Kroger. Wednesdays can be pretty busy so it is a good idea to go a bit early. I got our groceries and came home and put the items away. I had time to make a dessert that Woody had requested: Blueberry Dump Cake. We don't have a lot of desserts...but this is a favorite or ours during blueberry season. By the time our lunch was over and the dump cake was out of the oven and partaken of, it was time for me to head off to the library. Donna and I worked for a while...again working on overdues. I came home and put my feet up for a while and dozed for a while. When I awakened, it was time to fix supper. Today was the day that I had planned to cut up a pork loin roast into pork chops and cube some for Sweet 'n Sour Pork so did that and ended up cooking some of the pork chops for our supper. I got the rest of the pork all packaged up and in the freezer for other meals down the road. Woody has taken it easy once again today...still not much other choice...working crossword puzzles, reading, watching TV, resting his eyes, etc. As far as we can tell all is going well with his healing. I don't think that I mentioned this before, but prior to his surgery Woody asked how many doctors would be in the operating room during his surgery. He was told that along with Dr. Holt, there would be a Fellow, 2 Residents (2 different year residents), and a medical student...and of course many others...nurses, anesthetists, etc. in attendance to help the surgery run smoothly. Guess it is time for me to go check on my patient...and I guess quickly mop the kitchen floor as there is something sticky on it that just about pulls my shoes off when I walk across it. I have no idea what has been spilled on it...but according to Woody he didn't do it...I have no recollection of spilling anything...but regardless of who or what did it, I guess it is time to go try to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment