Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Non-Stop Wednesday

What a day! I have been busy from start till I dropped after supper. I got up and got busy in the kitchen making salads that I wanted to get into the refrigerator so they would be cold for our supper. I made chicken salad, potato salad and a veggie pasta salad (Woody's request when I said that I was going to make some salads). Isaac was over for part of the time and I put him to work on our special chopper/slicer. He finally asked if he had helped enough! We were finished chopping when he asked! He really was a great kitchen helper! By the time I had all three salads in the refrigerator it was time for lunch. After lunch, I headed to the church library to work for a while. Donna and I went through all our over due book cards and made sure that they weren't shelved without cards (now how does that happen?). We both found several that were back, but just not checked in on the computer. But there are many more flagged so we can send overdue notices. When we finished work I hopped into the car and headed off to do our Wednesday Krogering. Woody helps so much with that chore as he goes through the sale paper and adds items to get and their sale prices and he also adds things to the list that we have e-coupons for. It didn't take me too long in the store today...but took just long enough...I managed to avoid a huge downpour while I was in the store...and, luckily enough I had rolled the windows up on the car. When I went into the library to work, I had left the windows down to keep the heat from building up. Huge downpour on the Kroger part of town, but when I got to our side of town...not a drop! I stopped at the library on my way home and dropped off some books. After the groceries were put away, it was time for our supper. The salads were very tasty...really hit the spot on this hot day. Before we were finished with our supper, the bottom dropped out of the sky on our side of town...the wind really picked up, too...quite a storm blew through. I put salads, etc. away in the fridge and then came upstairs to rest a bit...uhhhhhhh that was the last I remember until a few minutes ago. I guess the non-stop part of the day caught up with me...and, I just had to stop for a while. Now I am going to go down and finish loading the dishwasher and take the last load of clothes I did this morning out of the dryer...though I think that Woody may have gotten some out already now that I think about what was hanging over the back of the chair in the family room. Woody washed some dishes while I was gone this afternoon. We will learn tomorrow what time his surgery is on Friday. He is more than ready to "get the show on the road" as he puts it. He's ready to be able to walk on both legs once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment