Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Next Appointment On Calendar

I am glad that I put the cordless phone near Woody before I left this afternoon as Dr. Ginger Holt's office (oncology orthopedist) called to make Woody's appointment. It will be this coming Monday. So back to Vanderbilt we will be going. We are definitely back in the Vandy loop. I got up and did a bit of cleaning in the kitchen (still trying to recover from shish kabob making! The floor needed a good mopping so I attempted to do that prior to heading off to do our weekly Krogering. Woody got the list ready for me...items that were on special, free items that we qualified for, etc. I managed to do the shopping...did quite a bit of visiting with friends as I traveled the aisles, too (One of the joy's of living in a small town...rarely do we go into a store without seeing someone we know. When we lived in Sunnyvale, California 44 years ago, it was a rare occurance to ever run into anyone we knew.). After I got the groceries put away, it was time for lunch. And, then, I was off to get my hair cut and then head to the library. I had to change my hair cut appointment from yesterday to today so I was a bit late for the library. Donna was already at the library working away. We did book repair today. We had been stacking up books that needed attention in one way or another. Today we attempted to address their various needs. I came home and was pretty done in by all my "goings" today. I sat down and tried to finish a book that I am reading, but ended up taking a short nap instead. Now we are settled in for the evening listening to distant...hmmmm...and, just now some not so distant thunder. I hope that the thunder brings some good rain...I heard some on the roof before I came in to blog...but it didn't last very long. Hopefully we will get a bit more to make the plants really happy. Tonight's picture is a Carolina wren. I believe that is the bird who has taken up residence in the chicken birdhouse that I got for my birthday. I'm hoping to sit out on the porch one of these days and get some pictures of this year's birdhouse residents. I think we have a small wren residing in the tallest of our birdhouses. And, hopefully there are still blue birds living in the birdhouse that looks like a birch log. I haven't had much time to look at or take pictures of our bird friends lately. I need to get pictures of them so I can identify them for sure...ok...on my list of "to-do's!" Maybe tomorrow?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment