Saturday, June 4, 2016

Got Brary Books

Yesterday Joseph(2) was over here and wanted Woody to read his favorite of the books that we have: Old MacDonald. After they finished that Joseph asked Woody for something else and neither of us understood what he was asking for. So I asked him to "show me." He went to the stairs and said: "brary books." The stairs made it kick in for me and then I understood--he was asking for "library books = brary books." We keep the library books that we get for the children in a stack on one of the lower stairs. I had taken the ones that we had back the other day and hadn't gotten any others so I told Joseph that I would get him some when I went to the library today. My first stop at the library only took me long enough to drop off the books and DVD's that we were finished with and then I fled very quickly...for two reasons...1)it was sign-up day for the children's summer reading program and 2)there was a very big, very black cloud approaching. I wanted to get on down the road and to WalMart (hopefully before the bottom fell out of the cloud). But I wasn't so lucky...the wind picked up and I was dumped on before I got to the WalMart parking lot. I was so glad to finally get to the parking lot. After I parked, I snapped the above picture out the windshield of the gully washer. It was really coming down. It blew over pretty quickly and I was able to head in and get our shopping done. I was glad that one of the neighbors (Thank you, Nathan or Kathy!) had left an umbrella in the back seat of our car. Elijah's ball game got called because of the rain (prior to anyone heading to the ball field)...it wasn't raining when it was called. I decided that I would go back to the library and try to get Woody some reading material and some more DVD's and also some "brary books" for the children. The bottom fell out again while I was there and it rained on me on the way home...so looks like the early time to call the game worked out. We figure that the field was just too wet to play when they called it early. Elijah has a make-up game scheduled on Monday. I don't know if today's game will get to be made up as they start having their coach pitch tournament next week. Woody received a sheaf of papers in the mail today to fill out for his orthopedist. He got them all filled out and they are in the file folder with the CD of his x-rays that is in the bag that I will take with us on Monday. Woody is either watching TV or a movie DVD and I am going to go put the final effort into tomorrow's Sunday School lesson...then I am going to settle in with my brary book. I checked the rain gauge and we got about 1/2 inch in the two downpours that we had today...and lucky me I was out in both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment