Friday, June 17, 2016

Recovery Room Bound

I just talked to Dr. Holt and Woody's surgery is over and all went well. She said that it was definitely dead bone. She cleaned it out and used a LOT of bone cement and the strongest plate they have...I think that she said that it was a long plate too. I have only talked to Dr. Holt on the phone so not totally clear yet. It has been a long day. We left the house at 10am, got to Melany's a little before 11am and then we got to Vanderbilt a little before noon. He didn't get called back to get ready for surgery till 2pm and didn't leave for surgery till a little after 3pm. His surgery was finished a little after 6pm. At this point he is in recovery and we won't be called back for at least an hour...and I know what an hour means here at Vandy...probably longer! The doc said that he did very well. That he will be quite sore for a while. The plate is under a muscle on the side of his leg. Well, that is about all I know for now. I'm just glad that the surgery part is over and now he can start the healing process. We know that he has been admitted for at least tonight...guess we will find out tomorrow if it will be longer. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I forgot to mention that Dr. Holt is sending off a lot of what she "scraped" out of the bone to be tested to see if there is any melanoma present.

1 comment: