Thursday, June 9, 2016

Lego Truck?

We saw this truck on the interstate this morning. It reminded me of a Lego truck. It was a chicken transport truck...but it was empty. We got to the Pre op appointment about an hour ahead of time. He got signed in...well, I signed him in to save him the walk to the desk. It wasn't long till they called him in and got underway with all the paper work, blood pressure (which was excellent), EKG, and LOTS of questions. That part took a good 40-45 minutes. They then sent him to the lab...he waited for a bit to get called in, but once in it was very efficient...quick! quick! He was back out and we were ready to start a slow walk back through the building to our car. We left this morning around 6:30 and got home around 12:30...so another rather typical Vandy day. He is all official now and we won't have to go back till next Friday (17th) for his surgery. Several have asked if it is out patient. We hadn't thought to ask the other day. But I did ask this morning and she said that it wasn't indicated on the info from Dr. Holt that it was. So we are figuring at least one night stay...like last time...and last time it turned into a two night stay. So time and the doctor will tell when he gets to come home. This afternoon I got busy on skinning and deboning some more chicken thighs that I bought the other day while they were still on sale. I have another chicken dish that I plan to use them in. Mid afternoon Elijah joined us as he is staying with us until his family gets back from a ministry trip. Woody took him to ball practice. We fed him supper and in a few minutes he and I will head next door so he can get ready for bed. We're going to try to finish a book that he and I started before their school let out. So...let's just say another busy day. After three trips to Nashville this week, I am REALLY looking forward to staying home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment