Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wednesday Wanderings

Today was a typical Wednesday...at least a typical Wednesday for me since Woody hasn't been able to put weight on his right leg. That's when he stopped running our Wednesday errands. Woody came upstairs this morning to get our grocery list made...checking out Kroger specials and their coupons...that's part of the Wednesday wanderings that he continues to do. His additions to the grocery list are extremely helpful. Before I left, he spent some time on the front porch. Our humidity has lessened which made it rather pleasant to sit outside for a few minutes. Joseph found us on the front porch and came inside when we did. Woody read him several stories. My morning errands included stops at the Credit Union and Kroger. I found everything on the grocery list (sometimes a bit of a challenge)! I got back home about lunch time. Woody had already gotten what he wanted for lunch. I put groceries away and then ate a quick bite. After lunch it was time to head to the library. I needed to make a quick stop to return some dishes to a friend. She was sitting on her back screened in porch...what a pleasant setting. We ended up talking longer than I meant (But enjoyed every minute of our visit!)and thus I was quite a bit late for our library work session. I had neglected to pick up my cell phone (carrying it all the time is not a habit for me yet) so I couldn't call them. They were getting concerned by the time that I did get there. They had done a good job without me of doing library duties and once I got there we discovered another job that needed to be done...there's always something to do in the library! When I got home, Woody was upstairs playing Scrabble with the computer...another way to fill in his healing down time. He is "sort of" looking forward to tomorrow's doctor appointment. I asked him what he expected from tomorrow's visit. And, he told me that he expected to say "Praise the Lord" every time a staple comes out! Tomorow I will report on how the doctor visit goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment