Thursday, June 23, 2016

Another Hot Day

I snapped tonight's photo yesterday when I went to the church to work in the library. I just love coming around the corner and seeing the flags surrounding our church property. Our day started out way too early...as in around 2am. I heard Woody's walker moving around in the kitchen. I hadn't slept all that well to start with as I had not felt well late in the evening. I feel better today, but still sort of dragging. I finally decided that I might as well get up and greet the day! One of the first tasks that I did was put together all the ingredients to make a recipe of pulled pork. Boston butts were on sale last week and that means "make Bragg's barbecue!" The ingredients cook on top of the store for three to four hours. I have to attend it fairly frequently...turning the meat, cutting it up, skimming fat off the top, and finally shredding the meat when it is just the right doneness. For part of the time that it was cooking, I headed outside and attempted to do some watering. During part of the cooking time I cleaned up the kitchen. After the barbecue was all cooked and had cooled, I froze part of it for another time and put the rest in the refrigerator to enjoy over the next few days. Woody unloaded the dishwasher...not the easiest task for him at the moment...but something that he can do while balancing on his walker and one foot. He spent time upstairs working on this computer for a while. At other times he has read, rested, and worked crossword puzzles. Melany got him several crossword puzzle books for Father's Day so he is well supplied with puzzles! We have both dozed off and on at different times during the day due to our early rising time. It has seemed like a REALLY long day to me. I have spent some of my down time reading. I finished another book just a few minutes ago. I guess it is time to go downstairs and dress Woody's surgery site...it is healing very nicely. Woody got a call today from Vanderbilt orthopedics checking on how they had done with his care while he was in the hospital and also to check on how he was managing his pain. I think that she was a bit surprised to hear that he wasn't even using Tyelenol for pain. Well, off to do my nursing duties!

No comments:

Post a Comment