Monday, June 6, 2016

Postponed & Made Up

We received a call this morning at 9 telling us that Dr. Holt had an emergency and all her afternoon appointments were going to have to be rescheduled. His appointment got moved to tomorrow afternoon. I ended up running errands for a friend during the time that we would have been traveling to Nashville. This afternoon and early evening, Elijah's team had two make up games. They lost the first game and won their second game. These were the last regular games of the season. They tied for first place for the number of games won during the season. Tomorrow starts their tournament. Elijah got the game ball for tonight due to his consistant hitting...six at bats...six hits. The coach moved him to lead off hitter in the second game to get the team's momentum going! Way to go, Elijah! The bottom picture shows the huddle that the team and coaches get into after each game...they all put their hands into the center and say: 1,2,3 Fish! (Fish for the fact that their team is the Marlins.) We ate our supper after we got home...so a late evening for us after three hours of baseball. I've had a busy day. I even managed to get in a little cooking this afternoon. I'm ready for "my chair," but I think that the kitchen is calling me to do a few dishes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment