Thursday, November 8, 2018

A Window on Our World

This is about all I saw of the outside world today.  It has been a pretty busy day.  School was a bit different day as Joseph had brought a shirt over yesterday and wanted to put a machine embroidered design on it.  So that took all of his time and a little of  Isaac's reading time.Joseph put a monkey on his shirt.  The moment that it was finished he took the shirt he had been wearing and popped his new shirt on.  Isaac decided that he wanted to do a design on one of his shirts so he went home and got his shirt and during the rest of his reading time he hunted for the design that he wanted on his shirt.  He chose a mama penguin with a baby penguin sitting on her feet.  He found the thread colors that he wanted and he was ready to machine embroider it during his long time.  Esther and Elijah came over early and got busy on Snap Circuits building their own.  I didn't hear anyone get shocked so I guess that they managed to complete their circuits correctly or at least such that they worked one way of another.  Because they did that during Joseph's long time.  They worked on their school work during their reading times.  They came over here this morning to do school as their daddy was occupied doing something and their mother had gone to Bible study.  Joy came over to read during her time and then Isaac got busy on embroidering his design on his shirt during his long time with me.  By the time I got through, I was exhausted...change of routine gets my head in a spin!

Woody had lunch after I got finished with school.  There were two half bowls of soup left...one of cabbage and the other apple barley.  I let him have both of those to give him a whole bowl of soup!  Then I got busy ad made another pot of cabbage soup...this time he didn't want any of the other veggies that I had been adding into the cabbage...he wanted it just like the original recipe minus the Polish sausage.  He had that for supper.  I had meat and potatoes!  I was ready for a "regular" meal!  After I made the soup, I came upstairs and took a little nap.  Georgia Kitty joined me.  I guess she might be becoming a lap kitty after all! After supper, I got the kitchen cleaned up and then came up to blog. And, that about sums up the day.

Tomorrow we will be heading Vanderbilt way once again.  Nathan will be driving us.  Hopefully Woody will get the splint off and be able to put some weight on that leg!  I am hoping to see the infection about gone.  Time will tell!  He says that it doesn't hurt except for one place towards the top of the infection...hoping that the cast hasn't rubbed on it too much...again...time will tell. We are all (kitty included) settling in for another quiet evening in this Dorrell household.    

No comments:

Post a Comment