Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thankful for a Day of "No Feasting" Tomorrow!


About now I would be going out of my mind, if we were going to have our usual family Thanksgiving feast tomorrow!  Today has not been a day when cooking could have happened.  Woody and I headed out the door around 7:30 this morning going to the oncology clinic here in town.  We were gone for two hours for that appointment and he didn't get the shot for anemia.  He is supposed to get it next week.  But he did get orders for a blood transfusion.  We went home for a few minutes and collected our thoughts and I ate a little breakfast.  Woody ate before his appointment.  He did have a slice of his Apple Zucchini bread before we headed back out the door. So we got to the hospital sometime between 10 and 11am.  He got signed in pretty quickly and it wasn't long till they called him back to the outpatient area.  And, then it took a while to get his unit of blood.  When it finally got to his room, it took more than two hours for the transfusion.  We didn't get to leave till a little after 4pm.  A pretty long day.  He did do some snoozing during all that wait time.  He does feel a little stronger than he did yesterday.  He was really getting weak.  I'm glad that something was finally done to help him some.  They said that he will feel even better tomorrow...hoping that they are right!  I think that he is less pale and definitely he was able to walk out of the hospital easier than he walked  in...he did use his walker both times, but still...a marked improvement over yesterday.  So hopefully this transfusion will help him feel stronger and more like himself.

He is all snuggled up in a quilt on the couch in the family room.  I think that he is tired after his long day.  I know that I am tired!  While sitting in the hospital room, I kept thinking how thankful I was that I wasn't stressed out because I "should" have been home cooking!  It was a good decision to not feast with family this year!

I was planning to make a pie or some kind of dessert today...but that can be done tomorrow!  Haven't sewn any today, either.  But I did finish two more gifts last night...so the "pile" is growing.  We came home to another gift we had ordered, delivered, and waiting on our front porch. So one gift closer to Christmas...quite a few more to come and/or to be ordered!

Hope all have a very thankful Thanksgiving tomorrow! Eat a bite of turkey and trimmings for Woody and me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment