Friday, November 2, 2018

Busy Friday...At Least for Me!







As you can see from tonight's photos, the leaves are getting to their prettiest.  I took these pictures from the backseat of the car, yesterday on our way home from Vanderbilt.  Such a pretty drive even though part of it was in the rain.

Woody seems to be surviving being hobbled.  He stays put as much as possible and I try to get things that he needs for him so he doesn't have to get up.

I left him for several hours today to do what Woody usually does on Friday = grocery shop and run errands.  Nathan helped out and took Woody's friend to run his errands.  I got the fun of going to a new grocery store that opened while we were at Vanderbilt: Publix.  I have always liked this store when we have stopped at them in other cities. I went in to check it out and get a few things.  Then I went to WalMart to pick up a few items for the house.  Then it was on to Kroger and that was the last stop on my Friday store tour!  I did manage to transfer my prescriptions over to the Kroger pharmacy as my insurance stopped mid year having our local pharmacy as part of their preferred drugstores.  I have signed up for a new drug plan so will be transferring my prescriptions back to the local pharmacy after the first of the year, but till then I will have to get them filled at Kroger.  I got all the groceries put away and then rested or a little while before getting started on our supper.  We had something new: Chimichurri on bowtie pasta.  Woody and I watched a couple of cooking shows on Food Network while he was in the hospital and one of the people cooking made chimichurri and we realized that the ingredients were all things he could have except for salt.  So I told him that I would find a recipe and make it for him sometime.  So I have made it.  I used parsley and oregano from our herb garden--it was pretty chilly out there cutting what I needed!  Quite a chilly day!  We both liked it so I will add it to the cookbook notebook that has recipes that Woody can eat at the moment.  I also found rice milk and coconut oil today.  Both of those I can use when making recipes that are okay for Woody to eat.  I found a dairy-free recipe for Snickerdoodles.  Woody is in the mood for some sweets!  And, a good portion of sweets he can have...as long as no dairy in them.  So I am trying to find acceptable substitutes.

Woody said that he had a pretty good night's sleep last night.  But he has been pretty sleepy today...lots of dozing in his chair and stretched out on the couch.  He is trying to keep his leg elevated above his heart.  He was told that his leg would heal more quickly if he keeps his leg elevated. I'm sure that he is more sleepy due to his days in the hospital catching up with him or due to his new antibiotic or just due to pushing the walker and hopping on one leg...not easy.  I am a bit concerned that the top of the splint (which is a lot like a cast at the top) may be rubbing on the top of the infected part of his leg.  I hope that the splint doesn't irritate the place and not let it heal!  We have to decide about the appointment that it looks like has been made for him.  It is happening sooner than a week...as on this coming Tuesday.  If that is right, (we haven't been told, but I found it listed on the Vandy MyHealth app for Woody then that could be a busy day of appointments for us.  I am supposed to have one 45 min. away in McMinnville at 8:20 that morning, and Woody has his nephrologist appointment at 1:20pm in the afternoon in Tullahoma and then if this one is scheduled as I , saw he has one in Nashville at 3:20pm.  There is no way that all these can happen on that day!  I hate for him to miss his nephrolgist appointment as he hasn't seen him in several months.  I did stop at the nephrologist's office today when running errands and drop off all the lab records that Woody had done this week so he can see them before the appointment.  Woody missed his lab appointment for the nephrologist due to being in the hospital, but since the hospital was keeping a good watch on everything that the nephrologist keeps watch on these should work and Woody won't have to give up any more blood for these tests!  If the nephrologist, needs something else then he can order it for Woody to have done at a later date!  I'm hoping that Vanderbilt can move their appointment to another time.

I guess I had better go check on Woody and finish cleaning up the kitchen.  It seems like it has been a long day and it isn't over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment