Monday, November 26, 2018

Boxing Cats!

Literally we are boxing cats!  I was cleaning out a closet the other night and I was going to throw this box away, but decided to see if Georgia would enjoy it before it went into the trash.  After I took off both ends, she loved it and enjoys shooting through it.  I managed to catch her just looking out...most of the time my pictures showed a streak!  Her favorite toys = empty thread spools and now this box.  She doesn't cost much to keep her entertained!

Woody has attempted to be fairly good today and has stayed on the couch most of the day with his leg propped on pillows so it is above his heart.  The way he was told when he was in the hospital.  He says that the part that is hurting has shifted. Not sure if that is good or bad!  We got a call from the orthopedic clinic at Vanderbilt today, but missed the call.  I returned the call, but they never called back...I dislike "Doctor phone tag!" I'm sure that they were just checking on him since I had been in touch with Dr. Holt over the Thanksgiving weekend.  He did go to the Furnace Room Prayer meeting tonight...hopefully it wasn't too much for him.  I think that he overdid by going to both Sunday School and church yesterday.  He was walking on it too much.  We may end up having to go to Vanderbilt to get it checked, but we are hoping for him to get his shot for anemia on Wednesday before we have to go back.  I don't want to get to Vanderbilt, say tomorrow, and have them decide to put him back in the hospital and have him miss the shot that has taken so long to get scheduled!  The oncology clinic where he will get the shot just called with the appointment reminder.

I just got finished putting boxes back in the Christmas closet after pulling things out to find the children's Fisher Price nativity sets and our Precious Moments Nativity set.  I think that those will pretty much be our decorations this year.  I still haven't put away Fall decorations yet in the dining room so haven't put out the Precious Moments set yet.  The above pictured cat had better stay off the buffet if I do put them out!  I haven't seen her get up there...but that doesn't mean that she hasn't!  She is a very curious cat!  I have been planning in my head and on my iPad...about my meeting with the contractor who may be going to remodel our kitchen...that meeting is set up for Wednesday also...another reason I want us to be home on Wednesday...another long awaited meeting!

Back to the cat...I think that she is finally healing from her wounds...but still not completely. She is also settling in more as an inside kitty!  She is starting to be more of a lap cat.  She took a nap on my lap this afternoon and she just jumped up in my lap and started purring and settled right down on my lap while I am typing the blog...and not trying to get my fingers as I type!  She's not quite as claw swiping and biting as she once was.  I am determined to tame her if she is going to be inside.  Today she tapped at me as she walked by...but no claws out!  Good for her...and for me! Of course, I don't get as much done this way because I hate to boost her out of my lap once she settles down!  I like lap kitties and I can get more reading (or napping) this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment