Monday, November 12, 2018

Rainy Fall Monday

It rained for a good part of the morning. Before school started I managed to do some vacuuming upstairs.  The rain on the roof made for a nice relaxing morning for school.  Isaac came over when Joseph did.  He worked with the 200 pennies that I had gotten for him at the Credit Union...he opened up the penny rolls and looked through them and separated out the new ones from the old ones and then looked through the old ones to see if there were any wheat pennies. Joseph read to me while Isaac did that.  Joseph is now reading lists of three letter phonetic words and continues to read the Bob Books.  He will finish the third hardback Bob Book tomorrow.  He's doing a very good job of remembering the sight words that are contained in those books.  It was a nice morning to read.  We turned on all the lights in the living room and enjoyed the dark rainy day. Joseph stayed and listened to Isaac read and then the two of them went home when it was time for Elijah to come over to read.  The rest read and then Joy enjoyed painting while it rained.  She is working with water colors and doing calligraphy. She loves making pretty swirly letters and other curlicue shapes.

After I got through with lunch, I got back to "work" on trying to figure out what is going on with the pricing of one of my medications.  I called the pharmacist at our independent drugstore to see if the pricing had gone up for them the way it seems to have gone up for me since moving to another pharmacy.  Her prices have not gone up and she questioned the explanation of the manufacturer's price having gone up.  She felt that it was a contract change for the Part D company.  Next I emailed the insurance agent who helped me find a new Part D plan to see what he thought and if there was anything else that I could do to check about this price rise or if I should report it to some insurance "police" in TN.  Who knows...I figure that I will be paying the price quoted and then get out of Dodge come January 1.  I appreciate my independent drugstore working with me even though I transferred my prescriptions away from them.  They know that I will be back to them soon!

After messing with medicine prices and Part D plans, I did a little ordering of Christmas presents online...so we are a little more ready for Christmas.  I "thought" that I was going to do a little sewing...but ended up finding myself asleep in my chair.  Maybe I got a bit of rest and can sew a bit after I blog. Something tells me that not as much is going to get as much sewing done for Christmas as I had hoped..."things/life" keeps getting in the way of sewing time!

Woody ran errands with his friend this morning.  Once again he didn't have to get out of the car...just take him to several places in town.  This evening he headed off to Monday night Furnace Room Prayer meeting.  He made it there and back on his own and didn't take his walker.  He is downstairs now eating the last piece of the French Cranberry Apple pie.  I have to empty the dishwasher so I can load it up with tonight's supper dishes.  We had Philly Steak sandwiches for lunch...Woody's one exception to his "no meat" rule. And, I think that he enjoyed breaking the rule!

Guess I will head off and get the kitchen cleaned up and then see about doing a little sewing before I drift off to sleep...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment