Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Drippy Wednesday

It has drizzled off and on all day.  At the moment it is raining hard enough to hear it on the roof.  Today we rearranged school just a bit so I could leave a little early to get to my hair appointment at noon.  Joseph and Isaac came at their regular times.  Then we skipped Elijah and the rest of the readers moved up a slot which made it work out for Elijah to get his whole hour for Grammy long time. We read first and he finished a chapter in the book we are reading.  Then he decided that he wanted to do science experiments again.  So today he made a bubble blowing "machine" (Styrofoam cup, drinking straws, dishwashing liquid, and water).  He had fun making quite a lot of bubbles and controlled their size by how how hard he blew.  Then he made a tornado in a jar...a mason jar, water, and liquid dishwashing soap.  He also watched a video on how tornadoes form.  He had a good time and learned several things and I was able to be on my way in time to get to my appointment on time!

After my haircut, I headed straight to the church to work.  I got there and found out that the heating hadn't been fixed and it was freezing in the library.  I tried to text Donna not to come, but I was too late as she was on her way when I texted.  So we did maintenance and didn't stick around too long.  It was good to come home to my toasty warm house!

Woody's main activity today was bathing and washing his hair!  He is still having difficulty getting around.  His knee is bothering him.  Wondering just exactly what it is...he wonders about a torn meniscus which he had several years back...and I'm wondering if it could have to do with the fractured plate/broken screws/fractured bone cement.  He is staying pretty close to his chair, though he did make a pasta salad while I napped this afternoon (after my busy morning and early afternoon).

A while after I got home from the library, Isaac and Joseph came over to the house.  Isaac was huffing and puffing and groaning as if he was carrying something heavy.  Come to find out he had a HUGE stack of church library books.  He and the rest of the family were at church for juggling practice.  As I was leaving the church, Isaac came up and said that he might like to get some more books.  We had already checked out four books for them to take home.  So I told him that if he found something that he wanted to check out that he just needed to take the card out of the back of the book and write "Isaac" on it.  He brightened up and headed back to the library as I headed out the door.  Well, he checked out MANY books!  He was so proud of himself.  He discovered today how to check out books by himself and he took advantage of this new knowledge!  He brought them all over here and put them on our stairs (where library books for the children are kept!).  He then went through them and chose seven to take back over to their house for their daddy to read to them.  We ended up sitting down and reading two of them while they were here.  Joseph fell asleep!  AND...Isaac increased the church library's circulation exponentially for today!!!!  He also told me that he had signed all the cards and left them on the desk like I told him and that he had stacked them up so the counter was still neat!  He was so excited that he had done all this on his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment