Saturday, November 3, 2018

Started Changing Clocks!

This little bird (a brown thrush) is hopping to tell most of you that it is time to get ready to turn your clocks back an hour and IF you go to bed at your normal time you will get an extra hour of sleep.  Now...my Arizona family and friends don't heed my advice or you will probably be the only ones who change your clocks and will be totally messed up!  I started changing clocks a little while ago and I will admit that it is confusing.  I keep thinking that it is later than what the clock reads...and it is...at least for a few more hours!  But I really don't want to get up at 2am to change the clocks when the time actually changes!  I haven't changed my watch yet so that lets me know what time it "really" is for the next few hours!

Woody has stayed quiet and rested his leg for most of the day.  He has moved from the couch to his recliner.  He is supposed to have his leg raised above his heart and that is hard to do except when he is lying down on the couch with it propped on around three pillows.

I didn't go anywhere today except to take Graham to an event and then pick him up.  He stayed home because he had plans with Civil Air Patrol today and his family had a gig out of town.  So I provided him transportation to and from. He has decided that he will get his driver's license soon...hasn't really wanted to get it until recently.  This morning I made Woody a pot of cabbage soup minus any Polish sausage, instead added quite a few more kinds of veggies.  Then this afternoon I made him cookies.  I bought coconut oil yesterday for a Snickerdoodle recipe.  Surprisingly enough they turned out quite well.  The next time that I make pie crust, I am going to try using coconut oil.  Woody was pleased to have an approved sweet.  Things that you don't think about that are in recipes are no-no's...like baking powder...so have to find baked goods that have no milk products (butter) and no baking powder plus usually something else is in recipes that he shouldn't have.  Baking soda is okay and Snickerdoodles have baking soda and cream of tartar...both okay...the coconut oil substituted for the butter.  This recipe didn't even call for salt so that was good.  In between cooking and cleaning up the kitchen and making sure that Woody's water glass was full, I rested in my recliner.  I didn't go to the library for him today.  Instead a book order came for the church library and I gave him a book from it to read.  He finished it just before I came upstairs.  He has had one football game or another on this afternoon.  And, he has done a little dozing and of course he has worked his cross word puzzles. By the way his nurse was able to get the crossword puzzle printed off for him the day before we came home.

We have the best ortho doctor for being able to communicate with her, among other reasons like she is a very good doctor!  I emailed her a little before noon about our being unable to go to the appointment on Tuesday and within 20 minutes she had emailed back.  She is going to have her nurse call Monday morning and reschedule the appointment for later in the week.  Woody wanted it later anyway because he wanted to do as he had been told and leave the splint on for a week to rest his leg.  I really didn't want him to miss his nephrologist's appointment here in town so it is all going to work out...at least as things stand at the moment!  I plan to reschedule my appointment that I have that morning, so we will be down to just one appointment and it will be in Tullahoma...no traveling except for a short distance on Tuesday.

Woody plans to only teach Sunday School in the morning.  Nathan is going to come over and turn the car around so it will be easier for Woody to get in.  The front seat is easier for him to get into because it can slide back far, but the driveway is so narrow and the garden is on that side and so easy for a tumble to happen.  So Nathan will turn the car around so there is access to passenger side of car from our front walkway.  I will drive him to right in front of the building where he teaches, get his walker out for him, and then he will hobble into the building to teach Sunday School.  I will go across the street where my Sunday School class is located, go to my class, and then drive the car right up close again to his building, and whisk him safely back home!  And, when he is on his own...he will go "hop, hop, hoppin' along like this little bird...except the bird has two good legs!"

The leaves were beautiful as I drove through town!

No comments:

Post a Comment