Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Not the Best of Days

Our Japanese Maple is once again ablaze with color.  This photo was taken another year, but it is looking just like this right now.  This is just a beautiful tree fall-color wise!

Woody hasn't had the best of days.  He has been very "sleepy" all day and cold all day. He has the heat cranked up (and, for those of you who know Woody this is not a norm for him).  I'm hoping that the shot that he gets tomorrow for anemia will boost him back to having some more energy and that it works miraculously and he feels better quickly.  He had been planning all along to go on his own to the oncology office to get the anemia shot, but told me a little while ago that he thought that he wanted me to go with him.  He has struggled getting the amount of water that he is supposed to drink as drinking water makes him feel colder!  I suggested I could heat his water..."no!"  Then I suggested that he could get part of his liquid with cranberry juice and that he could have that warmed too...but again, "no!"  So he is a couple of glasses short of his supposed quota for the day.

He got a call from the oncology office asking him questions...most of which he answered in the packet of papers that he received in the mail yesterday.  I wonder how many of those same questions he will be asked tomorrow!

We had a nice surprise this afternoon when Nathan and a friend came over to see Woody.  It was our church's former minister to students.  He and his wife and seven children (soon to be eight children) had stopped by to see Nathan and Kathy and family while they were in town visiting family.  I went next door to say hi to his wife and we visited for a few minutes as Kathy had to take Abigail to the dentist.  It was very good to see them again.  They now live in East Tennessee.

I had school with Joseph...he read and then he worked on counting to 100 by 10's.  After that he had free time to use the Osmo apps on my iPad.  Isaac joined him and they worked on it together for a while.  They had to leave early as their family had a show to do at a local assisted living facility. As they left, my Thanksgiving break from school began! Abigail brought me over her favorite jacket that had lining problems (I would rather construct a whole garment than to mend...just saying!).  I was able to fix all the places that had frayed so she can get a little more wear out of it.  After doing that sewing job, I attempted to work some more on sewing Christmas gifts.  I got a little farther, but not much.  Maybe I will get a little more done this evening.  A couple of gifts that I had ordered online arrived today...that is a good thing...that is if the grandchildren want gifts this year!  Do you think them wanting gifts could even be questioned!

Woody is definitely settled in for the night...he is lying on the couch covered in a quilt and a fleece throw.  I hope that he has found some warmth!  He is watching TV unless he is snoozing.  I guess I will report of tomorrow's adventure at the Tullahoma Oncology office.

No comments:

Post a Comment