Monday, November 19, 2018

Some Traditions Continue!

Today after Joseph had his preschool time with me and after Isaac read to me, we decided to get out the Fisher Price Nativity.  We usually get it out and the children set it up on Thanksgiving, but this year Thanksgiving is being "skipped" here at our house!  At least the feasting part of Thanksgiving is being skipped...we will continue to be thankful!  Melany and family are going to one of Wade's brother's for Thanksgiving.  Nathan and family are going to be with Kathy's family.  We often just have our Thanksgiving family feast on another day.  But this year due to Woody's restricted diet, we are choosing to skip the feasting part with family.

Also I have pretty much decided that we won't do much decorating this year due to several reasons.  The first one was that we had been told that our kitchen renovation couldn't happen till after the first of the year.  If it should start in January (probably doubtful...but don't want anything to hinder it from starting), I don't want to have to take decorations down in a rush while I am trying to empty out everything from the kitchen.  Even though we don't have a date for the start of the kitchen, I decided that I would stick to not decorating.  With Woody not feeling the greatest and us not knowing what is facing him with repair to his leg bone, it is best to not have extra things happening.  Also these last few days with "the cat" I'm rather glad that I have been thinking that I'm not sure how our decorations would fare with her curiosity!  So this year we will have the children's nativity set out and I think that I will put our Precious Moments in the dining room.  I managed to find both sets when I rummaged around in the Christmas closet this morning.  Have several boxes to get stuffed back into that closet and then the rest will be out of sight...out of mind!  The cat has decided that it is a great adventure to explore in the Christmas closet!  She can only get so far so I don't think that I have anything to fear that she will get lost in there!  I'm sure if she gets stuck she will let us know! Today she opened up my sewing cabinet door...she managed to get her claws into a tassel that was hanging from the handle...well, of course she invited herself right in and explored the bottom shelf...once again knocking out several things onto the floor!  I have a roll of fabric through the handles so she can't open the doors again...or course it makes it hard for me to open the doors too! She is definitely not the graceful cat that can go anywhere, but never knocks anything off!!! And, if "curiosity kills the cat"...then it is a good thing "that satisfaction brings it back!"  I guess in a few minutes I will go tackle the bookshelf that she cleared the other day!  I am straightening some things up before I get back to my sewing.

I do have good news about the kitchen renovation.  I did get a call from the contractor's office this afternoon and they set up an appointment for the contractor to come here next Wednesday to talk through possibilities.  So maybe...this long-awaited job will actually happen sometime in the not too far off future!

Woody has stuck pretty close to home today.  He did go out and get the mail and has now gone to the Monday night Furnace Room Prayer meeting.  Woody received a packet in the mail from the doctor's office where he is to get his shot for anemia on Wednesday.  Looks like he is having to sign his life away!  He is getting this shot at an oncology office here in town.  Oh, the most interesting thing in the packet is that he is supposed to arrive 115 minutes prior to his scheduled appointment time.  His appointment is at 8am!  So if this isn't a typo then he will have to be up and out of here quite early!  We're guessing that one of those 1's isn't supposed to be there!  We will assume! We also got a strange phone reminder from their office...a recording reminding him...they go on to tell when his appointment is and then talk about where the office is and mention after April 23 they are back in their regular office.  I have no idea what that was about...rather confusing.  But I'm pretty sure that they are where we think they are! I guess time will tell!

I sewed some more yesterday and again this afternoon.  I have several more items ready for Christmas gifts. A little while ago I finished the last of the items that I had ready to take with me to the Sew Super Saturday...took me longer than an eight-hour sewing day!  I think that I will go back to sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment