Friday, February 1, 2019

Coming or Going?

Sort of like this truck...we're not sure if we are coming or going.  How would you like to meet this truck on an interstate? It sort of makes you look twice!  And, this wasn't the only one we saw like this on our way home today.  We saw three.

We left the house at 7:30 this morning and pulled back into our driveway at noon.  He got called back quite quickly and the nurse came in and explained the new medicine, Daptomycin, and how I would be administering it.  It doesn't come in the ball pump infusion bags, but will be in a syringe.  And, I will be giving it to him like I do when I am flushing his line.  It will be a larger syringe and I am to take from three to five minutes to empty the syringe.  Today he was given it by infusion that took thirty minutes.  That way they could monitor him and see if he had any negative reaction to the new drug.  He didn't so we wee on our merry way shortly after they unhooked him. He will have this antibiotic every 48 hours...so every other day.  His next dose is Sunday.  At this point we haven't heard from the infusion folk, but they have always come through for us so I am sure that they will this time.  They seem very connected to the infectious disease clinic and communicate with each other frequently.  We've never had so many overnighted-refrigerated packages arrive at our house before.  I'm guessing we will be getting one again tomorrow.

This has definitely been a busy "medical" week.  On Monday, he had PT at our house.  On Tuesday, he had four appointments at Vanderbilt.  On Wednesday, the home health nurse came for a blood draw and picc line dressing change.  On Thursday, he had PT at the house and got the call telling him to come to Vanderbilt again today.  So that means he has had some medical attention either here at
home or at Vandy each week day this week. And, I guess it will start all over again on Monday.  We were told today that the nurse will be coming on Monday to do a blood draw as they want to be sure that his creatinine level is coming down.  So Monday will be a home health nurse and PT.

Now, Woody just seems to plug along with all this extra activity. He came home, sat for a while, and then left to go run errands with his friend who has no transportation.  Me?  Well, I "thought" that I was going to start a sewing project.  I did look at a couoke of patterns and "perhaps" settled on the one I plan to make.  But, that is about where I ended my attempt to get back to sewing.  I was ready to rest after the initial sewing effort! Woody's "treatments" seem to be wearing on me more than on him!  I found my heating pad and my comfy throw and retreated to "my recliner" and dozed off and on most of the rest of the afternoon.  I heated up some leftovers for supper and that is about the extent of what I have done since getting
home!

No comments:

Post a Comment