Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Still Looking Back

Here's a photo when I went to Ocean City, New Jersey for a sewing retreat back in 2001 (one month to the date after 9/11/01).  I call this one Sunrise Fishermen.  I had planned to go on this trip months before September 11th.  The transportation got a bit changed around due to that infamous day.  I had a ticket to fly into Atlantic City, but arrivals there had all been cancelled.  In the end I flew into Philadelphia, PA and then took a train to Atlantic City.  It was quite an adventure.  But we had a wonderful time in a beach house just a block away from the ocean.  The morning I took this, I happened to wake up early and looked out the window and could see that the sunrise was going to be beautiful.  So dressed quickly and slipped out of the house without disturbing the others and enjoyed taking the sunrise from various points on the beach.  I thoroughly enjoyed capturing this trip on my digital camera that I had had for less than a year.  I was sort of the official photographer of the group...snapping happily all the fun things that we did on this long weekend.

We have had a fairly "normal" day...school, no PT, no nurse...only folk in the house today were we and the neighbor grandchildren and their parents occasionally popping in.  This evening Woody drove to the church for his time in the prayer room.  He has just returned.  So I guess I can say that we are settling in for a quiet evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment