Thursday, February 7, 2019

Thursday Epistle

We had another unusually warm day for February...but it was very windy.  I guess the wind is blowing in the cold front that is approaching.  A few minutes ago, we had a really hard rain...it wasn't raining one minute and then pouring and blowing up against the house the next minute.  I think that was the front edge of the front that will be passing through during the night.  I understand that by the morning it will be once again in the 30's.

Woody even worked a little in one of the gardens today.  He was expecting only the PT person today, but in the end the nurse showed up too.  He was evaluated by the main PT person today and everything is going great.  He thinks that Woody will only need about two more weeks of therapy!  That is when he will be finished with his picc line and the antibiotic that is put in through the picc line.  So there is a light at the end of the tunnel of putting a lot of this behind us!  He goes back to the
infectious disease doctor and his surgeon the week after next.  Hopefully good words from both.  His
home health nurse called around 3:30 saying that she had been called and told to come do another blood draw to check Woody's creatinine level.  I don't know if this is because of what the one on Monday showed or if it is just that it is time for them to send new syringes of antibiotic and they want to be sure of dosage. I'm guessing the latter...or perhaps a combination of the two reasons...or perhaps a totally different reason!  May never know!

I had school this morning.  Joseph did his reading and some math work and then had "Osmo Day."  Of course, unbeknownst to him he did more math work when he was doing his choice of Osmo "games!"  Isaac joined him toward the end of his time with me and helped Joseph with the coding game.  Coding just isn't part of my wheel house!  They are stuck on part of it and I have not a clue as to how to get them unstuck.  They probably need Graham or Elijah!

I forgot to mention yesterday that we heard from our contractor for the kitchen renovation yesterday.
They sent the latest changes to the plans.  They look good to me and I had friends look them over, too.  So I think that I can get back with him and say "move on with the plans!"  I still don't know when "things" will get started...but at least moving in the right direction.  I'm rather glad that he had been too busy to get back with us before this as there has just been too much to think about with Woody's surgery and recovery to think about the kitchen.

We got a nice letter today from friends who lived here many years ago in our early married lives.  They were in Tullahoma due to being stationed at Arnold Air Force Base.  They attended our church and we were in Sunday School together.  Now the early years mean close to 50 years ago because they celebrated their 50th this past year and we are about to celebrate our 50th.  It was good to hear from them.  We have kept in touch at Christmas over the years.  The other day I was looking at the
map of where all you, my blog readers, are...there is a list of places that folk check in from below the map...and I noticed their town mentioned...the first time that I had seen their town and state there and
I thought about them...and then today we get their letter and they mentioned reading our blog (we share our blog address in our Christmas letters).  Guess we were both thinking about each other!  One of their granddaughters is attending college in Nashville...maybe we will get to see one another one of these days when they are in the area.  (Clue for the Hastys...R & C W...if you hadn't guessed!)






No comments:

Post a Comment