Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day 2019

Does this look yummy...or what!!  This is the creation of Abigail (15).  She was asked/hired to make some surprise cheesecakes as Valentine's presents.  This one is a Reese's cheese cake and another one was a carrot cake cheesecake.  I know that she also made a plain cheesecake to share with her fellow teachers at Montessori...and she may have made one other...I'm not sure!  But she was kept very busy the last several days getting them all made!  Tonight Abigail and Graham are "babysitting" so a couple can go out for a Valentine date.

Speaking of going on a date...I heard from Isaac this afternoon that his mommy and daddy are going out on an "ultimate date!" Woody is next door keeping an eye on five of their seven.  We knew for a while that this date was going happen, but the details were kept a secret...I just know that tickets were involved and that it was happening in the Nashville a area.  I guess that I will go over and be a reinforcement when it comes time to get most into bed at a decent hour, since tomorrow is a school
day.

We had a usual school day. Isaac had his long time today.  He decided to build with K'nex since they were all organized again!  He is quite the builder...he now likes to follow the directions in the many K'nex instructions books that we have, but he still likes to create his own structures....usually quite large structures that he can get inside of...which means that the living room might look like a construction zone when he gets to building.

 I am going to personalize some towels for the neighbor grandchildren at Kathy's request.  I have been hunting out appropriate embroidery fonts to use,  I'm just putting first initials on the older children's towels, but decided that I would write the names of the two youngest boys since they are young readers.  I think that I have found fonts that are pleasing for each of the children's initials...nothing fancy...but each will be a different style of lettering.  Now to get my machine cranked up and get it stitching!

Woody had physical therapy this morning.  It was nice enough that they walked outside...down the street a little ways, up Nathan's driveway and then back by way of Nathan's front walkway and the stepping stones between our houses.  Woody has had a sinus headache for several days.  He thought that it was some better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment