Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Water's Rising On An Eventful Day







It has been a rather full day...with lots of rain!  We left the house at 6am to get to Nashville by 8am for the first of Woody's Vanderbilt appointments.  He was called back fairly quickly and taken for an X-Ray.  After he got back to the room from X-Ray we waited quit na while for the doctor to come in. We had a different doctor, which I had realized when I checked something the other day on Woody's online health summary, and noticed that Dr. Holt's name was no longer down for Woody's appointment.  We found out that Dr. Holt was out on a medical leave till next month.  And, the doctor we wer seeing was taking her place while she was off.  In that conversation with one of Dr. Holt's assistants that we see each time, we found out that Dr. Holt has 4-year-old twin boys.  We had no idea.  That appointment went well.  The X-Ray looks good.  Woody goes back toned Dr. Holt in three 
months.

We then walked to the infectious disease clinic.  We still got there a bit early, but not as early as I thought that we might.  Again, we were called right in and this time it didn't take long for Dr. Allos to come in.  She made decisions as to the two oral antibiotics that she wants Woody to take for two months and wrote orders for a blood draw and then removal of the picc line.  So another hurdle cleared...no more picc line.  Woody goes back to infectious disease clinic in two months.  So the calendar remains pretty full of Vandy appts. He also has appointments to go back to Dr. Wyman in the not too distant future.  

At this point...a little after 11am...we had avoided the rain.  It didn't start raining on us till we got to Murfreesboro.  Woody made the decision to go the back road and avoid the semi truck splashes of a rainy day.  That is the reason that I got tonight's blog photos.  The Duck River was definitely up...and 
I'm guessing that after all the rain that we have gotten this afternoon and evening that it is probably running over the road at the place we stopped on the one-way bridge for me to take these pics.

On the way home, I realized that things were not going to end as smoothly as they had gone so far.  I realized that I forgot to transfer my keys to the bag that I carried to Vanderbilt.  And, I realized that probably the extra key wasn't outside where it was supposed to be...that it was in the kitchen where I had put it when the neighbors returned it after using it a while back.  Oops!  We pulled into the garage and I discovered that I could get the Internet on my iPad when in the garage (we do't have a smart phone).  I found a locksmith's phone number and called.  He came quite quickly.  He had trouble getting in as our locks had been installed upside down on two of the doorknobs that he tried.  He finally was successful.  We got home a little after 1pm and were in the house around 2pm!  

I found in email that our kitchen estimate had been sent earlier in the day.  So I am going that with a fine toothed comb.  Woody rested for a few ipminutes and then went to the pharmacy to get his new antibiotics.  I fixed supper.  Now we are ready to sit back and collapse!  Woody has another appointment tomorrow...for his anemia shot and to see that doctor.  No rest from the medical field around here!  Oh, yes, the PT person called while we were away.  She was a different one and didn't know that we would be away.  She called back a little while ago and we will reschedule...sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment