Saturday, February 2, 2019

Ground Hog Day 2019 = Very Spring-Like

It has been a beautiful second day of February.  No need for coats or jackets for a change!  Woody spread his wings a little farther this morning and decided to do our grocery shopping...and, he went without his walker.  He is using the walker less and less these last few days...a good sign!

I stayed home and did things around the house.  I decided to do some cooking so I won't have to do as much cooking on the week days.  I made a meatloaf at Woody's request...made it so he could eat it.  I know it was hard for him, but he ate it without catsup (not supposed to eat catsup because it is a tomato product and due to salt content).  Even he said that it tasted pretty good...I really doctored it up with green, yellow, and red sweet peppers and onions.  I even chopped up a sprig of basil that we are growing in a little hydroponic inside garden that Melany and family gave me for Christmas.  That was the first time that we ate any of the herbs that we are growing...most aren't big enough to use yet, but all are growing...two kinds of basil, thyme, mint, dill, and curly parsley.  I made two meat loads and put one in the freezer.  I'm just glad that he is eating some meat once again.  It helps with the variety of what I can cook for him! This afternoon I made myself some New England clam chowder.  I had milk that needed to be used and had most of the ingredients to make it so put the rest on Woody's grocery list.  It tasted pretty good even though today wasn't as much of a "soup day" due to temps being warmer...it still hit the spot.

We have both been reading.  Of course, Woody has been doing his crossword puzzles daily.  He has watched some basketball this afternoon.  I still haven't gotten underway with my sewing project.  The fabrics are just laying there on my cutting table...just waiting for me to get up the energy to place pattern pieces on them and then lifting up a pair of scissors to cut the pieces out...one of these days.

I just realized that I haven't changed my calendars for the new month...something to do after I blog!

We got our FedEx delivery of Woody's new antibiotic so I guess we are ready to give the first dose to him tomorrow at noon.  He won't be tied down as long with this new medicine.  It is in a syringe and it just has to be slowly given over a three to five minute time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment