Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday Adventures


Most of our daffodils look like these...thinking about opening before too long despite the fact that cold temperatures have returned...they still think that Spring is right around the corner.  I noticed when I was bringing in the groceries today that we even had some of our miniature jonquils in bloom.  I was going to go back and take a picture, but I forgot.

Woody left a little after nine for his "adventure" of the day...grocery shopping for us and taking his friend to do errands.  He was gone an awfully long time and I even mentioned it to my sister when I talked with her that he had been gone a really long time.  Well, not long after I made that comment to Cheryl, I had a call come in on my cell phone that I didn't recognize...and then the land line rang.  I didn't get to it in time to answer...just had to listen to the message.  It was Woody's friend telling me that they were stranded at a grocery store and would I go see if Nathan could come with jumper cables.  Nathan and family weren't home, but I called their cell phones and "found" them at the library.  They came home, Nathan got the jumpers and headed off to rescue his daddy!  But in that time someone had offered to jump the car and Woody was pulling away when Nathan arrived...they waved at each other and Nathan came home and Woody headed off to drop his friend off.  

My new experience of the day was teaching high school sewing home ec to Abigail!  She is going to learn about quilting and some sewing and quilting history.  She got underway with her quilt today.  Abigail has already got sewing basics under her belt so we are branching out into a sewing genre that she hasn't done in the past.  This is a pretty easy top to piece so I even think that she will be able to do  the quilting on the machine...we will see.

I will put a picture from another year of our miniature jonquils here at the bottom of tonight's blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment