Friday, April 10, 2020

A Blip on the Grid

Not long after I got up and moving around this morning, I discovered that we were having internet problems.  About the time that I asked Woody if he was having problems on the laptop (which he said he wasn't), Nathan texted that he thought that we needed to reset the Internet.  (We share our Internet with them now...we used to share theirs...taking turns!) I said ok, but wasn't sure that I knew how...Nathan said he would be over!  He attempted the two ways to reset and was unsuccessful.  I decided to check to see if our landline was working and it wasn't...which let us know that it was probably a problem with the Internet company.  Nathan called and got a message that they had problems in our area and would get it fixed as quickly as possible.  It wasn't out all that long.  I have been expecting the Internet to go out more since it is so overloaded with most all of the U.S. at home with time on our hands!  This is the first time that we have experienced this in the time that we have been with this company...getting close to a year now.

Our cold front settled in today and it has been rather chilly all day.  Woody didn't brave the cooler temperatures today so no yard work today.  I made oatmeal cookies today.  I thought it was time for a sweet treat!  Today has been hard to get a handle on as to what day it is because we dropped a usual Friday errand from our to-do list—weekly groceries. Last week we determined that we would not go to the store for two weeks.  And, Woody and his friend came to the same decision last week, so no errand running for them today, either.  The only thing that helped me have a touch point to know that it was Friday, Good Friday, as a matter of fact, was that our church planned an online Good Friday service for this evening.  So I kept that service on my mind, which kept me grounded to the fact that it was Good Friday.

We watched the pre recorded service at 5pm.  After the service, Kathy texted to see if I wanted to come out and watch the neighbor's children across the street have their egg hunt.  Kathy and children hid eggs for them as a surprise.  They had so much fun!  They have four young boys.  We stood over in Kathy and Nathan's yard and watched them hunt.  Another fun thing that Kathy and children did today was to go around the neighborhood and put a painted rock on all the neighbors' mailboxes.  They had painted them a while ago...they are a reminder of Easter.  I found ours when I went to get the mail today.  Ours has three crosses painted on it.  They also went to one of our church member's house today and raked for them.  They had a very busy day...trying to do ministry when they can't actually be on the road!

Here are my borrowed words of encouragement for these Coronavirus times:

"Make sure you are testing positive for faith.
Keep a safe distance from doubt.
And, isolate yourself from unbelief!"   (Author unknown)

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay home!


No comments:

Post a Comment