Saturday, April 4, 2020

Come and Get It!

This afternoon when I was cooking out supper, I had just taken all the cooking mess over to the counter next to the sink so I could load it into the dishwasher and I turned around and this scene just seemed so inviting to me...one of my happy places.  So I decided to share it on the blog tonight.  I made chicken gumbo in the stainless pot...and rice is simmering in the black pot.  I could have turned and taken the counters behind me...but I would have hated to disrupt this tranquil scene!!!  As of a couple of minutes ago when I was downstairs, I only had the stainless pot left on the counter to wash as soon as I publish this.  I was ready for a break.  I will say that the gumbo tasted good.

Woody spent time in one of his happy places today...out in the yard.  He spent a lot of time outside weeding and cleaning up the front flower beds and he also planted the last of the grass seed.  He said that he was glad to be finished with planting grass seed. He continues to try to get grass to grow around the stepping stones that connect our front walk with Nathan and Kathy and family's front walk.

A load or two of wash got done and put away.  I even finished a book this afternoon.  And, it was a beautiful day outside...very Springy...flowers are blooming...trees are getting baby leaves on them...that spring green shade from the Crayola box is starting to show on our trees.  Such a pretty time of the year! A pretty positive sight when looked at even from a stay-at-home point of view!

Just before I came in to blog I watched a video from an internet sewing teacher/friend.  She made the following inspirational comment on today's world situation that I will share tonight.  She suggested that we think of this enforced "stay-at-home time" as a "GIFT OF TIME!"  She challenged us to "USE IT WISELY!"  And, this time I can share the author of the wise words...most of the time the words are anonymous. I borrowed these words from Connie Palmer, sewing teacher/designer extraordinaire!

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay home!

No comments:

Post a Comment