Friday, April 3, 2020

Finally Friday

Has the week seemed long to you?  Is time slowing down during this pandemc?  Do you have trouble knowing what day it is since all routine has pretty much been taken away?  I have a few "touch points" that help me realize what day it is.  First...my pill reminder!!  I start off the day taking my morning meds and the little boxes let me know what day it is.  Melany reminded me that this should keep me grounded in what day it is.  That is all good and well, except by later in the day I'm not thinking about what letter was on the top of today's pill section.  So I need more than that.  Thankfully I still have a church service on Sunday.  Even though we are watching it livestream on my iPad, it still pretty much seems like we have been to church.  Usually I have school on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and know which child comes for their long time on which day...so that USED TO remind me what day it is.  Right now Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are pretty much the same as the other...except that Tuesday night I take the garbage out to the road for Wednesday pickup...I have had a bit of a problem remembering to do that...but so far haven't forgotten! Wednesday we no longer work in the library so lost that touch point.  On Thursday our pastor has started a livestream Bible study...so that gives me a Thursday time to be "somewhere!"  Friday remains closest to the same.  Woody runs errands with his friend and now I (a change) do our family grocery shopping.  Saturday seems like Saturday because it follows our routine Friday.  But Woody has lost his one Saturday reality check...the public library.  But so far we aren't too far off on "what day is it!"  That may change as this "shelter at home" continues.

Woody headed off fairly early to make a stop at the Credit Union.  After that he headed off to run errands with his friend.  This afternoon he spent quite a bit of time in the gardens at the front of our house...picking dead leaves and other debris from around the plants.  It was a beautiful spring day.  The only problem with the outside currently is the pollen count!

I made our weekly run to the store, though today we decided that we would try to eliminate a trip to the store next Friday.  I hope I did a good job of picking and choosing items that we would need.  Some items are still quite sparse on the shelves.  I did manage to get there when a big shipment of toilet paper was being unboxed!  A major coup!  I did get a package since we wanted to not go back for two weeks and we are working through the package we got a couple of weeks ago.  I got the last bottle on the shelf of the dishwashing detergent that I use.  I found the last package of bread flour on the shelf.  Kathy asked me to see if I could find that.  There was still no yeast...but the neighbors (Kathy and Nathan) have provided me with some that they have.  With bread flour they can use the bread machine for their homemade bread and use their bread machine yeast.  So they could "give up" some regular yeast!  So we traded...flour for yeast!  Anyway, I managed to get restocked in some things that I was or just about out of.  There was still not a lot of meat...or at least what I was looking for.  But I think that what I got and what we already had will get us through the next two weeks.  Time will tell!

I felt so sorry for the girl who checked me out at Kroger.  Check out was not her regular job and they had put her there with little training...just a few minutes...because there were so many people needing to get checked out.  She was having quite the time.  But I tried to make her feel better by reminding her that we none of us were really in a big hurry since none of us had a lot to do except go home!  She was really struggling, but got me checked out and I think that she was accurate in what she did.
Just had to make several voids along the way!!  Our stores had put up acrylic barriers between us and the cashiers and had marks on the floor to keep us at least six feet apart.

Pandemic thought for the day:

"Nothing should go back to normal.
Normal isn't working.
If we go back to the way things were, we will have lost the lesson.
May we rise up and do better!"

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay home!



No comments:

Post a Comment