Monday, April 20, 2020

"Things" May be Lifting


Tennessee's governor stated today that he would lift the shelter at home ruling on May 1.  Personally I think that is too early.  Each day I see more cases added to our county and all other counties and thus to the state total.  I still don't think that the virus has peaked in our area.  They just started drive-through testing here in our county over the weekend.  I wonder how much the numbers will climb once the results of those tests come in.  Woody and I have decided that we will continue to shelter at home...better safe than sorry!  I would hate to have gone to all this "trouble" to shelter at home for the past month + a little and then go back to "normal" and end up having to shelter in place again...or worse yet pick up the virus!

All that said...I will go get my hair cut as soon as my stylist is back in business!!!  I messaged with her last night to see what her status is and she said that she thought that she would maybe get to go back to work sooner than some salons since she works alone and the salon is at her home.  I definitely feel comfortable going there.  Tomorrow is supposed to be my appointment...here's hoping that I don't have to go too much beyond my appointment!

Today I made a trip to Walmart...the first one in a month.  I stocked up with a month's supply of my over the counter meds last month and it was time to go back today.  I picked up a few other things that we needed, also.  But there is a mystery as to what I thought that I had gotten.  Woody had asked me to get some herb seeds and I was happy as I had found all that he wanted and also found one other that I wanted too.  I know that I had them in my hand...and I thought that I put them in my buggy...but when I got home didn't have them nor were they rung up on my sales receipt.  I have no idea what happened to them...or if I happened to just leave them in my buggy and not get them on the conveyer belt.  So I may be going back sooner than a month if we want to plant those seeds!  It's a mystery that I guess will never be solved!!!  I'm just shaking my head and wondering..what in the world?!?  I did don my mask and gloves to do my shopping.  Also, I didn't have to stand in a line to get in...though they were out there keeping count on how many were in the store.

Woody didn't get to plant seeds, but he continued to weed in the flower garden that straddles Nathan's and our property line...we called it the shared garden.

I made a new chicken casserole for our supper...added some yellow squash and zucchini.  We both enjoyed it.  As soon as I publish tonight's blog, I will go down and put the dishes in the dishwasher...have to put away what's in the dishwasher first...reason that it isn't already done!

Tonight's borrowed Coronavirus thought (maybe this is the thought that has me feeling the way I am about continuing to shelter at home):

"Re-opening the economy now is like not finishing your prescription of antibiotics because you are feeling better." (Unknown)  There is another one along the same line that says it is like taking off your parachute just because it opened and you started slowing down.

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay home!

No comments:

Post a Comment