Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday Fiddling

Tonight's photo shows why we like to go on our barn trips in late Fall, Winter, or early Spring.  If we were to stop in the exact spot today to take this barn, I'm sure that leaves and other growth would block our view!

Woody ran a quick errand to pick up some prescriptions for his friend today and that was all the running around that either of us did.  He has done crosswords, read some, maybe (he hasn't been reading as much lately), and watched some TV.  It was a bit nippy to do much outside, but he did plant two chive plants that Nathan and Kathy got us for our herb garden.

I decided that today was a good time to try to get a handle on my book list.  For years I have been putting the books that I read in a spreadsheet on my laptop with Microsoft Excel.  Well, when we had the laptop worked on the last time they rebuilt it and most of the software was gone and had to be reloaded.  I reloaded the Microsoft Word, but Excel seems to have disappeared from it.  So I can no longer get to that long, long spreadsheet of years and years and years and...of books that I have read.  I had printed the list off in 2016 so today I created lists on my iPad in my Pages word processing app.  I got the books I read put onto lists of authors in alphabetical order today.  I did it the way Woody  has his listed...a page for each letter of the alphabet and put the the books in by author's last names.  So a page for all the "A" authors, one for "B" authors, etc.  It really didn't take all that long.  I may now start plugging in books from my multi page list that I have printed from the spreadsheet.  But even if I don't do that I can at least check in the two places to see if I have read a book!  I feel like that was a good job accomplished during this time at home.  I also finished another book today.

Appointments continue to be cancelled.  My primary care office called yesterday to see if I wanted to reschedule a test and I told them not until this mess is over.  Then today the oral surgeon called and rescheduled my tooth extraction for another good while down the road.  I think that we got Woody's appointments at Vanderbilt cancelled, but haven't heard when they are rescheduled.  Things continue to be put off.  The thing I am looking forward to the most is being able to get my hair cut...I hope that isn't too much longer down the road!  "Things" are opening back up here in TN.  I think that today state parks opened during daytime hours.  Monday restaurants are supposed to open up to 50% capacity and Wednesday retail stores are supposed to open up to 50% capacity.  I don't know yet if we have to wear masks or not when we are out in public.  Waiting for further instructions!

Tonight's Coronavirus borrowed thought:

"When the dust settles, we will realize how little we need, how very much we actually have, and the value of human connection." (Unknown)

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay home!


No comments:

Post a Comment