Monday, April 6, 2020

Houses For Rent!




We're looking for some new renters for these birdhouses!  This was a joint effort from many members of the next door neighbor grandchildren and Nathan.  For Graham's birthday, Woody added some extra money onto his birthday check for Graham to purchase materials to build us three new bird houses.  Woody gave Elijah the job of building them and Esthrr the job of painting them!  And, today was the day that the project came to fruition!  I haven't seen the third one yet as Esther was still painting it and I said that I would wait till it was in the garden to see it.  Nathan did assist Elijah in building them.  I know that Elijah learned how to cut the hole for the birdies to enter!  Esther came over for a moment today to check out photos that I had saved on the iPad for ideas of how folk are 
painting birdhouses these days.  She was impressed with all the different ways they had been painted.  I told her that I had saved them just for ideas and that I wanted her to paint them how she wanted.  I love that she painted the blue bird sitting on the branch waiting for his turn to go into the house!  We have a branch hanging over the yard that the bluebirds use to wait till it is their turn to go in to their house.  We are hoping that blue birds move in.  We do have bluebirds already living in the cylindrical house that is especially built for bluebirds.  Woody said that he saw bluebirds wondering where the other houses were today...maybe they will find them tomorrow!  I'm very happy with the outcome...good joint family project for this quarantine time!  I'll show the third one when it is finished! I understand that Esther allowed Isaac and Joseph to help her paint this last one.  Esther said that she really enjoyed painting them!  

Woody has spent a lot of time outside today.  He continued to clean up the yard and weed and trim deadwood out of some of our rhododendron bushes.  He picked up a lot of sticks, too.  I even helped 
him saw off one of the dead branches so he wouldn't have to maneuver back up the slope of the garden to get to it.  And...he didn't think that I could do it!!!  

I did a lick-and-a-promise dusting job in the dining room and living room.  And, I've read some more.  I was reading four e-books...alternating back and forth between them.  But over the weekend I finished two of them, this morning I finished the third, and am working on the fourth one now.  I have one "real" book that I am reading also...so at the moment I only have two books going...down from five!  

It has been a beautiful Spring day.  Note how green the trees are becoming...you can see behind the birdhouses.  To think that a week ago they hardly had any leaves on them!  I love to watch the trees green up each Spring.

Tonight's Coronavirus thought that I borrowed for tonight's blog:

Also highly contagious:
Kindness
Patience
Love
Enthusiasm
Positive Attitude
Don't wait to catch them from others.
Be a carrier!

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay home!


No comments:

Post a Comment