Thursday, April 23, 2020

Looking In On You!

Checking in on you...wondering how you are doing with your "sheltering in place."  The last time we went on our barn trip we said that it could have also been called a "cow trip" because we saw so many cows.  Here's one looking in on you...making sure you are doing okay!

Today was a 12-egg-yolk day.  Last week I made an angel food cake and that left me with 12 egg yolks so I decided today was the day to make something with them.  So I made a 12 Yolk Pound Cake.  We each had a warm slice once I got it out of the pan.  I have made some more cut up fruit for Woody to put over it.  And I have decided that in"need" something chocolate so think that I will go downstairs after I publish this and make some chocolate sauce to drizzle over another slice.

Today was a stay inside kind of day since it rained off and on.  It never rained extremely hard so hopefully it was good for all the seeds that Woody planted yesterday.  The herb plants that he planted earlier in the week are doing well.  It won't be long till I will be using some of them in my cooking.  I look forward to having fresh rosemary, basil, and thyme once again.  It will be a bit more of a wait for the seeds to sprout and be ready to use...but hopefully before the end of the season we will have plants big enough to use and also to winter over inside the house and not let them die out.

Woody's been finishing up crossword puzzle books that he has been given for various occasions.  He finished his 2020 yearly daily crossword calendar puzzle the other day.  Now he is working through a crossword book.  He says the crosswords in this book are too easy.  He continues to do two or three that he prints off from the Internet every day.  I guess he is working on keeping his mind sharp!

I am still on a reading streak.  I do plan to head into the sewing room in the next day or so and see what projects that I can get into in there.  I'm considering Christmas ornaments...but just not sure that is the direction I want to go...but definitely a possibility.  I just need to get in there and get inspired.

I guess tonight's borrowed Coronovirus thought for the day tells at least one reason that I love to read so much.  I get to go just about anyplace that I want through my reading...I don't feel "trapped" in the house at all! (Right now one book has me in Pennsylvania and New York City and another has dropped me in the midst of the creation of America as an independent country...all safe and disease free places for me to be...sitting in my recliner relaxing and winging my way back in history to the 18th century and the 20th century.) I have always been happiest with a big stack of books surrounding me!  And, now in the 21st century I have the capability of getting another e-book the moment I finish one...or I "might" have several going at once...as I do now...and I got notified a little while ago that another one is ready for me to borrow.  And, all of these are free of charge through our countries free public libraries...free entertainment at my finger tips...libraries opened or not during this pandemic...a limitless supply!  Pure heaven...for me at least!

"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are!" (Mason Cooley)

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay home!

No comments:

Post a Comment