Friday, April 17, 2020

Starting With No Sound...Not Good

Woody left before I did this morning.  He headed off to run errands with his friend.  I attempted to leave shortly after he did.  But...no go!  I gathered my list, mask, and gloves and headed to the car in the garage.  Put the key in the ignition and just the slightest of sounds.  Nathan was outside so I headed for him for the rescue.  He got Graham.  They pushed it out of the garage and Graham got the vehicle that he drives most of the time and brought it over and jumped my car.  Thankfully it started.  W let it run for a few minutes before I headed off.  Nathan and Kathy were on call in case it didn't start the next time.  But it was fine.  I went to Lowe's.  Woody some herb plants and some herb seeds.  I got some plants, but didn't go inside to check out the seeds.  It was hastle enough just to be able to buy the two plants that I got.  The car started fine and I headed off to Kroger and did our shopping and shopped for a Sunday School Clasd member who needs monitory assistance at times.  I called Kathy from the parking lot of Kroger after the car started for my return trip home.  Got home, unloaded groceries, put away cold things, repacked the groceries for my friend, and headed to her house.  I delivered her groceries and then headed back home to put away the rest of our groceries.  I was tired at this point and still am!

Woody spent a lot of time in the gardens after he got home.  He weeded and then planted the herb plants that I got today.  I got sweet basil and English thyme at Lowe's and then found a very healthy rosemary plant at Kroger's in the produce.  Those he planted on our back patio in the raised bed that Nathan and Graham built for me and planted the rosemary in a pretty pot.  I'll soon have an herb garden again...love using fresh herbs in my recipes.

We decided that we would have breakfast for supper so I made cinnamon applesauce pancakes...a new recipe...pretty good...I'll add it to Woody's recipe book.  I'm always looking for new and different things to make that are okay for Woody's kidney diet.  Kitchen is cleaned up.  Woody is watching Friday evening news programs.  I'm ready to sit in my recliner and read and turn on the heating pad.  My back is protesting all my coming and going today!

My borrowed thought for today on a more serious line:

"Fear does not stop death.
It stops life.
And, worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles.
It takes away today's peace." (Unknown)

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay home!

No comments:

Post a Comment