Wednesday, September 8, 2021

A Pretty Quiet, But Confusing Day!

Not a lot happened around here today. The main thing that I had to do today was phone in Woody's dialysis supplies order. Now...that took a chunk out of the day...usually it is a very simple process but today's order took longer. First, I guess that it must have been a very busy day for orders for them as the first message I got was that it might be better to call another day! But I decided to hang on and persist, since today was the day I was assigned to make the order on. Someone finally answered a little over 30 minutes later. I had several things that I hadnt dealt with before that I had been told to deal with: 1) I needed them to send me a printout of our order/delivery calendar and 2) I had to make arrangements for some of the boxes of manual supplies to be picked up at the next delivery as their dates to expire were October and November of this year. After that things went along pretty much as usual...me telling how much of each supply we had left. We got to the bags of solution and I mentioned that one of the bags had been damaged and had poured the solution out when I opened the outside cover...well, that opened another can of worms andnwe had to fill out information about that happening. And finally after I had been on the phone both on hold and with the representative for over an hour, the order was confirmed and we hung up. She was going to immediately call one of our nurses to get approval of sending a different size gauze pads as the size we usually get were on back order. I was filling out on my ipad the number of each item we had ordered and realized in all the craziness ofnthe order that I had neglected to order gloves. i immediately called our nurse hoping that she hadn't already called him, but no such luck...she was efficient and had already called. Which meant that I had to call and get put back on hold again...but this time I opted out for them calling me back when it was my turn. About a half hour later, a gentleman called back and took care of adding gloves to our order. I also asked a question about the manual solution bags as I realized that she wasn't sending me the same amount of boxes of the two amounts...got that straightened out...and finally I think we are all set for our next delivery in two weeks! That order "only" took 2 hours and 15 minutes! I only hope that it is really correct! Usually it is very simple. We just had too many things that I had never done before to deal with at one time! Woody has had a quiet day too. I do believe that he has had several naps during the day. And, now it is time for me to get his next treatment set up! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment