Thursday, September 16, 2021

Thursday

Toight's blog photo shows the warning sign for the one-lane bridge and shows the bridge just over the hill (lower left hand corner). That photo is the first that I have managed to snap the picture and get both the sign and the bridge in the same picture. Today was a stay-at-home day for both of us...no appointments. Tomorrow will not be without its appointment. I think that Woody is dreading getting the catheter line taken out! The scary thing to me about this line is that it goes into his heart! His surgeon said that it isnt just a matter of pulling it out as it is with some lines. There will have to be a little cutting around the area where the line goes into his upper chest, due to the fact that the skin will have closed around the line as it healed. I will take him but I don't plan to go in with him...I will "bravely" wait in the waiting room! I am still in the midst of cleaning up the kitchen. I have cooked two things today, but it looks like I have made a 10-course meal! Before I came upstairs to blog, I emptied the dishwasher and started putting the dirty dishes in...the kitchen was already looking better! I oven roasted a pan of red peppers...a few of ours and most of them from Ruth. Ruth stopped by and we visited on the front porch. She brought us eggs red peppers. Hers combined with ours gave me enough to roast some. I have plans for some of the roasted red peppers, but the rest I will freeze. I have already frozen chooped and sliced red, green, yellow, and orange sweet peppers. So I will have plenty of peppers to add to dishes that I make over the winter till it is time to plant more and harvest more next year. We still have a few on our pepper plants that are still small. I think that there is still time for them to ripen before it gets too cold. Nathan gave us a small eggplant that his missionary friend had given him. Tonight I cooked that for my supper...pretty good! I hadn't had eggplant in a while. I still need to put together Woody's breakfast sausage recipe before I come back upstairs for the night. I won't cook it till in the morning, but it will be good to have it mixed up and ready to cook in the morning. I will cook all the rest of the sausage patties, too, in the morning and then freeze them. Woody seemed to feel a little better today...not quite as tired as he has been of late...hoping that he can avoid a blood transfusion next week! He has quite the week next week...he has a long Vanderbilt list of appointments on Tuesday. We are starting to get confirmation calls for those appointments. He hasn't received instructions for his PET scan yet, though. Well, it is time for me to head down and get Woody's nightly dialysis going. The alarms do seem to have lessened with the setting change that the dialysis had me make. He had 2 alarms last night and three the night before...so maybe heading in the right direction. Woody did say that he slept better last night. Be safe! Be well! Be cautous!

No comments:

Post a Comment