Monday, September 20, 2021

Rain and Rain and then MORE RAIN!

It rained almost continuously all weekend...some more this morning and probably more tomorrow. I'm sort of ready for it to stop...which it has for the time being. Woody was able to get to and from the car this evening going to and from Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting without getting even a drop of rain on either of us! I am just hoping that our Nashville trip tomorrow can happen when we are having a lull in the rain! Time will tell about that. I'm guessing that it would be best that we not go home the back way over the one-way bridge...it is probably covered with water. All the streams and rivers are up at the moment with flooding occuring in many places in the area. We are fine...things are just soggy underfoot. I managed to take the garbage out when the rain had stopped and decided to also empty the compost bucket in the compost pile...very squishy under foot! The area around the compost pile has two ponds in it that normally aren't there! With all the rain, I have mainly found things to do inside the last few days. I finished cross stitching what I was doing for my sister...now to get it made into what I have planned for it. This afternoon I put away all the scraps that I had "thrown" around on the cutting table and just have the ones for my sister and niece's gifts and for the sewing project that I have planned for me. I was trying to find a space to be able to cut some strips of fabric for these three projects. I have also started stitching on the Christmas for Alex and Brooke. As I mentioned at the start, Woody did go to prayer meeting this evening. The way we accomplish this now is I wheel him out to the car in the wheel chair. He drives to church and uses his walker to get in and out of the Ministry Center and then I meet him at the car with the wheel chair to wheel him back inside when he gets home. This helps him save energy and also puts less stress on his leg...he doesn't need that weak leg to break! That's about the last thing that he needs! Tomorrow we will venture out mid morning to get to Vanderbilt a litte before noon for his first appointment of four...a PET scan. I guess that Vanderbilt really wants us to not forget his appointments. I wish that I had made a hash tag everytime they have called to remind us of the appointments! And, only one of those allowed me to punch a number to confirm the appointment. We have been reminded about all but the labs...three to four times for each of them starting last week. There for a while we weren't getting any reminders and now we are getting a ridiculous amount of reminders. Tomorrow he has the PET scan first, then he goes for lab work, then he sees Dr. Wyman, his melanoma doctor, then he sees Debbie Wallace, a nurse practitioner who will inject his melanoma tumor on his arm with the immunotherapy drug. So the appointments go on into a good part of the afternoon. I just hope that we can get away before Nashville rush hour and that when we do get away that it isn't raining cats and dogs! I'll let you know how things go tomorrow night! Now it is time to go get Woody's dialysis going for tonight! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment