Friday, September 10, 2021

What Day Is This?

It has been another one of those days that I keep thinking that it is a different day. In this case I keep thinking it is Saturday...when I realize it isn't then I am thankful for one more day in my week! I think that the reason that it feels like Saturday is because I got groceries today and when I was going to the store to get my groceries in person, I often went on Saturday. The pick-up of our groceries went smoothly once again. From the time I left the house and got the last item put away, it had only taken an hour. Now I will say that getting the order ready did take a bit of time last night...but at least it was done from the comfort of my recliner...not walking the aisles stooping, bending and reaching for items. I only had to pick up grocery bags once and handle individual items once. I like it very well. Once again, the total was less when I picked up than it was on my order...several hidden bonuses due to using their pick-service along with coupons, etc. So far I think the totals for my two pick-up orders have been better than they would have been if I was doing the actual shopping. But at this point I rather like shopping this way. I will say that I prefer to pick out my own meat and produce. I took care of picking out some meat yesterday when I made the quick stop at Publix. And, the produce they have picked out for me so far has been excellent. So no complaints from me about this new way to shop. Woody has had another quiet day. Last night we weren't sure if his treatment would ever get finished as his first drain took much longer than usual...have not a clue why. Once it switched back over to fill, I went back upstairs. I told Woody to holler for me if the next drain caused problems. I didnt hear from him till this morning at about the usual time that his treatments finish. I asked Woody about the three other drain perods during the night...his comment: "I guess a watched pot doesn't boil." In other words once he went to sleep there were no more problems. Thank goodness! Hoping for the first cycle in his dialysis to go better tonight! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment