Friday, September 24, 2021

This Week…So Far…Seems Long!

We had such pretty clouds on our return trip from Vanderbilt earlier in the week. i decided to post one that only shows the clouds. And, speaking of beautiful, our weather today has been fantastic...definitely feel Fall coming on. Our low got down into the middle 40s over night and our high was in the lower 70s. I had to get out of the house early this morning as I needed to pick up our grocery order. I made the pick-up time early this time because Woody had an appointment at 10:15 and I wanted to get at least the cold and frozen food put away. Plus Woody needed to be disconnected from his dialysis cycler machine. He was still dozing when I came downstairs so decided to wait till I got back from Kroger. I did make sure he was awake enough to know that I was leaving and would disconnect him when I got back...didn't want him to worry where I was two days in a row! I got all done that I needed to do with groceries and disconnecting him from dialysis...in plenty of time for us to be on our way for his appointment at TN Oncology for labs and to see a nurse. But it took a bit longer than usual as Woody still isnt moving too quickly, ut we got there..again...only a few minutes late. It was determined that he does need a blood transfusion...they are calling it an infusion...at least that is how it reads on his paper work. he was given the written orders to take to the hospital and to go there right after his oncology appointment...an easy transition...one of the ways out of their parking lot feeds into the road directly to the hospital parking lot. All he was to do today was register and have labs to type his blood. He has an appointment for the transfusio Monday morning. We were both so glad to be back at home once those two appointments were over! Woody has rested most of the afternoon...he didnt have the best night last night. We are hoping for a better night tonight! I spent the afternoon making a correction in our grocery order. They did a few substitutions which I accepted, but when I looked closely at ingredients I decided they wouoldn't do. So returned those and then had to go to WalMart to find the right kind...these are the protein shakes that are the basis of his protein shakes. Usually we use ones that are sent out by Fresenius, but our order hasn't arrived yet so I am having to supplement with another brand. Got those two errands done and came home and pretty much collapsed. Supper is behind us and now it is time for me to get Woody's cycler machine set up. Evening routine doesn't vary much these days! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment