Monday, September 13, 2021

You Never Know What You Can Do Until…

I have had a cross stitched saying hanging in my sewing room: "You never know what you can do until you try to undo what you did!" That saying can be so very true both with needlework and with sewing. Today I have been in the midst of several projects, both needlework and machine sewing. One of the projects involved taking apart a sweatshirt that I had made some time ago. It has a problem with the neck band which needsto be replaced. Well, said neck band I had sewn on by the sewing machine and then did a finishing "professional" touch of using the coverstitch on my serger...this stitch puts two parallel stitching lines on the front, but then covers the inside neck seam with several threads that sort of intertwine. Coverstitch is not an easy stitch to remove...but remove it I managed...lots of threads and time later. Now it is ready to be given a new neckband...even perhaps a new look, if what I have in mind works. But I sat in my recliner for quite a while using a seam ripper and my magnifying light trying to unravel the many entwined threads. I prepared some pieces of quilter's cotton for doing a little piecing for the front of a sewing project. And, I am cross stitching a Fall pattern for a possible gift. The other part of our day was spent at Fresenius Kidney Center for Woody's appointment with his nurse. This appointment falls two weeks prior to seeing Dr. O, Woody's nephrologist/kidney doctor. Usually this appointment is pretty short, but today the nurse needed to flush and redress the hemodialysis catheter site. The one good thing about Woody still having this catheter was that he didn't have to get stuck for his bloodwork nor for his anemia shot or his iron infusion...all those could be done through the hemo catheter. Woody's nutritionist also came in and talked with us. We were only there for a little over an hour so that wasn't bad. Tonight Woody went to church for the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. He is now home. I have his nightly dialysis treatment all set up. I will get that started in a little while. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment