Monday, September 27, 2021

Transfused

Most of Woody's day was taken up with his transfusion. About it being more efficint now that Vanderbilt had taken over...well...We got there and were told that the first time that someone gets a transfusion with Vanderbilt they type them twice...so he had to wait to have all that again. We were to be there by 8:45 and according to the nurse they finally got underway with the transfusion around 11:30. It takes 3 hours to give one unit of blood. When I called to check on the progress, she told me that she was giving it to him slower than usual because he is on dialysis. Anyway, I had him back in his chair as the "clock struck 3." Back in time for him to watch Family Feud! He said that it was a long day! To me it went by fairly quickly...I didn't get much of what I planned to do done. The first thing that I did was go to WalMart and purchase a case for my iPhone...I didn't want to take any chances of breaking that little thin phone! It is all encased now...and, hopefully safe. Melany didn't end up coming as she seems to have gotten a case of food poisoning and with her Crohn's Disease that can be a big problem. She is hoping to have avoided any major problems, but she was pretty weak today. She missed school today and wasn't sure that she could go back tomorrow. She hadn't decided when I talked to her earlier. So Wade ended up coming to bring me my new phone. I guess I am getting the hang of it...I have loaded all mu contacts and their phone numbers into my contacts. The contacts on my iPad didn't include many phone numbers as I mainly used those contacts for email. So now that the two Contact apps are synced both iPad and iPhone now have emails and phone numbers and some addresses...sometime I will add the addresses to the rest, but at the moment I have spent enough time doing that task! The funny thing is how easily you can call someone...often when you don't know you are calling. I ended up calling one of my childhood friends! It was fun to talk with her. We hadn't talked in ages. The funny thing was that she was setting up her new iphone, too. This was not her first smart phone but it was still taking up a good part of her weekend getting things switched over so her husband could have her old one. I told her that if I kept calling folk I would never get my contacts into my phone...when I talked with her I was only on the Cs! I will say I have gotten all my names and numbers into the phone. I also was able to sync the phone with the car and figured out how to add a voice message to my message box...lots to learn. I keep having to Google "how to" on my iPad while I go through the process of following the how tos. I can transfer photos from my camera to my iPhone just like I can transfer them to my iPad. Lots to learn...like doing a sliding motion to answer the phone! One of these days it will be easy????? I am typing this at the dining room table watching for Woody to come home from Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. He did say before he left that he was feeling a little better/stronger. Hope so! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment