Friday, September 17, 2021

Down Memory Lane!

This afternoon I got a package from my favorite (only) sister, Cheryl. She had found some pictures of me and decided that she didn't need them at her house so sent them my way. It has been fun to look at them...most of the ones that have some color in them were "colorized." On the back of the pictures it tells what color my hair, eyes, dress, etc. were...so they could add color to them. What a different world we live in now. The biggest one in the back Mother had written on it that I was 9-1/2...but I don't think that is right...I'm pretty sure that I remember having that dress in 6th grade. Mother made it for me and it was the new shift style. Mother was always really good at labeling the backs of photos, but I think that I am right on this one...but it will be hard to prove one way of the other! I know the one that says 5 on it is right as I have on the locket that Mother and Daddy gave me when I was 5. And, the one that says that it was a Christmas picture, I know was right because again I remember that was my Christmas dress. I think that may have been the year that I was the star at the top of the tree in a Christmas play at our church. Funny the memories that come flooding back when looking at old photos! Woody said that today's procedure was more of a procedure than he expected. He said that the surgeon had to pinch his neck really hard when taking the line out...due to the fact that it was in his jugular vein. He is glad to have it out...one less tube hanging out of him! I am a bit late blogging tonight, as Nathan stopped by to do a few "sonny-do jobs." The light bulbs in the light on the stairway had all burned out...we wait till they are all out since it is quite a feat to get them changed. We have a special reticulating ladder that helps with the task...but that ladder has disappeared. Nathan has one that his father-in-law gave them so he brought theirs over to accomplish the task. Along with those light bulbs we had several others that needed changing so I got him to do those too. They are ones that I can do, but it is so much easier for him than for me to do them. It was just lucky that we had several other lights go out at the same time. I also wanted to change a couple so the same color light bulb would be in the same room...yellow and white light in the same bathroom bothered me. Now there is white light in all lights in that bathroom...just traded them out...and put the ones he took out into the lights in Woody's bathroom downstairs. And, I had him change out light bulbs in our bedroom for ones that could be dimmed as we had the wrong ones in the light and the light kept going on and off when I had the overhead light on...rather bothersome when I am trying to do a task on my sewing cutting table! So all is well with the lightbulb situation in our household...at least for the moment! We had a nice visit with Nathan. He just left a little while ago. I got Woody's nightly dialysis going and then came upstairs to blog. I still have to finish in the kitchen after I publish this. I took a long nap this afternoon...I guess Woody's procedure wore me out!?! I will say that this was the most pleasant waiting room experience of the doctors that we go to...they have Home and Garden TV on in the waiting room. I got to watch two programs while Woody was in waiting for hisi procedure to begin...that took a while as the surgeon saw all his other patients who were waiting before he did Woody's procedure. The appointment was for 11am and we didn't get home till almost 1pm. Woody said that he really likes his surgeon, Dr. Thomason, my former Montessori student, because he explained what he was going to do before he did it. Because I slept a good part of the afternoon, I didn't get done what I had planned to do this afternoon, so I did do one of those jobs this evening...cleaned out the filter in the bottom of the dishwasher...it wasn't very bad this time...sometimes I let too much time go by between cleanings because I didn't have to do this with my last dishwasher...or if I was supposed to, I didn't know it! Anyway, filters all clean for the time being. Woody wanted to take a nap this afternoon, I'm not sure that he ever did. That is the reason that I came upstairs so I wouldn't disturb him and then fell asleep myself! After I get the dishwasher going and wash a few dishes by hand, then I will come upstairs and hopefully get a little sitching done that I meant to do this afternoon! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment