Saturday, June 24, 2023

A Knobby Day!

Now to explain tonight's blog title! I made an Amazon order last week which included two sets of wooden knobs to use on my stitching frames. I already had two sets and they are in use on two large projects and I had been using a smaller frame, but was having to use wing nuts to tighten the scroll bars...wing nuts and embroidery floss don't get on the best...very easy to catch the embroidery floss loop on a wing nut. When I found out that Amazon had the exact knobs that I need for my needlework scroll frames, I was very pleased and added them into an Amazon order that I made last week. As so often happens this order is arriving on three different days. Today was the first delivery...all that came were my wooden knobs. I had been doing little cleaning jobs around the house, but once the mail came, I stopped and got my latest sampler attached to the scroll rods and then those attached to the side bars with the new knobs. Then all I wanted to do was stitch...and that is what I did this afternoon until it was supper time. Woody spent four hours at dialysis early this morning and then has rested most of the rest of the day doing crosswords, reading, and watching some TV. He got to watch the St. Louis Cardinals on TV but the outcome was not what he wished! I'm heading down to change the dressing on his leg amd then put the last of today's dirty dishes into the dishwasher. I did finish another book this morning and got to reading on another soon after I had finished the one. I have been a reding mood lately. I got off to a slow start this year with my reading. My usual goal each year is to read a book a week and I have been a ways off from that, but am now catching up. By the end of June I should be at 26...I'll be at 23 when I finish the current one I'm reading. And, there are still a few days left in June. I may not make it to 26 by the 30th, but will be pretty close. Of course, if I read, that means I'm not getting a lot of otherthings done! I do have one audio book that I'm listening to so can accomplish a little when listening...as long as I don't wander away into another room and miss part of the story...which I have done...or fall asleep and miss several chapters! One time I woke up and the book had finished! Then it is a bit tricky to rewind and find the last thing you temember hearing before dozing off! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment