Wednesday, June 21, 2023

First Day of Summer?

The first day of summer did not feel like a summer day! It never got out of the 70s and rained off and on. The plants in our gardens are very happy campers! The gardens are looking great after the rain that we have gotten so far this week. There are no complaints from us about this Spring-like start to Summer! The 90s will be here soon enough! Woody had a major accomplishment for his day...he washed his hair...not an easy task when one cannot get into a shower. He has a big bowl of water on his lap and a glass, shampoo, and a couple of towels. He did get his shirt a bit wet so had to change that after the task was completed...but task was successfully completed. He said he felt a lot better! This morning I made a tuna casserole which is one of our tried and true recipes that sounds and tastes good to Woody. This was originally a recipe that uses Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup...an easy open can and dump in casserole...but these days since we are avoiding salt as much as possible and other ingredients that are put into canned goods as preservatives that Woody isn't supposed to have, I have to make cream of mushroom soup from scratch. I have concocted a recipe is quite good if I do say so myself...and it works well in this casserole both flavor and consistency wise. I got it all put together and into the oven so it would be cooked in time for lunch. We both enjoyed it. Shortly after lunch, I headed off to get my hair cut. On the way home, I stopped at the public library and got Woody a book that we had put in a request for. I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen on KP duty...a dishwasher full of dirty dishes and still had a lot to do by hand. I finished up the dishes after concocting his supper...taco meat filling using the pulled pork...that concoction got a thumbs up! Dishwasher is going and kitchen is closed for today...except for getting a glass of water or cup of tea! Tomorrow is an early dialysis day. After lunch, Donna and I are going to attempt for the first time this year to get back to our church library routine. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Oh, forgot to say that home health nurse made her weekly visit late in the afternoon. I think that those visits will stop after next week's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment